Thursday, August 23, 2007

Tough Guy



At 4:00 this morning, I woke up to the sound of Simon crying. I went to see what was wrong and he said "you have to lie down in my bed with me and put your hand on my back so that I don't fly away." I got in his bed and he took both of his pillows and wouldn't let me have one. I put my hand on his back and he said "no, not there!" and then showed me exactly where it had to go so that he wouldn't fly away. I think I fell asleep there for a little bit, but then I woke up and he was asleep so I went back to bed. Then I was woken up at 7 by the cleaning lady. The boys didn't wake up until 7:45 and then we quickly got ready and went to Becky's.
After Eli's nap, we went to Ketanim U'gedolim where we were supposed to meet Andi and her kids. She ended up leaving shortly after we got there because Idan really didn't want to be there. Abby and Jake were there so we played with them and then they left too. Simon and Eli were having a good time, so we stayed for a long time. I was witness to the 2 boys fighting it out over riding in a little car and interestingly enough Eli won. Eli was in the car first and Simon came over and said he wanted to go in the car. I told him to wait until Eli was done, but Simon said he wanted to just share it with him. He got into the car, basically pushing Eli out. Eli grabbed Simon's arm and pulled himself back up into the car, pushing Simon out. Simon just walked away at that point. I swear Eli smirked at him as he walked away.
When I told Simon it was time to leave, he said "but I want to have dinner here like last time." I didn't know that he even remembered that we had been there before because it feels like so long ago. I got pizza for the kids that took forever to be ready so they were kind of full from the bag of bamba that I gave them to tide them over. I can't believe I actually give my kids bamba, but they do love it.
We didn't get home until almost 7 so I bathed the kids and put them to bed. David is shortly going to be on his way back to Israel and we are all going to be very happy to see him tomorrow! But, as the cleaning lady said, the house is much neater when he isn't home:)

No comments: