Today began bright and early when Eli decided that it was time to get up a little bit after 6am. I made David get up with him-my method of doing that was quite effective because I just simply played dead and acted like I didn't hear anything. David left the room muttering mean things about me under his breath, but it gained me an extra little bit of sleep!!
When I told Eli that it was time to go, he got very busy gathering all of his things together. He brought me his shoes and his jacket as well as Simon's bag that he brings home a book from school in that is called a teekiyah in Hebrew. Simon asked me if Eli was taking his teekiyah to Bettina's but I reassured him that Eli was just bringing it to the car for Simon to take to school.
When Simon and I picked up Eli at Bettina's and we were leaving, Simon said to me "you and Eli go in the elevator and I will go down the stairs and we will see who gets there first." He was then pretty mad that the elevator goes faster than he can walk down the stairs.
We spent a short while at home where I tried to make Eli take a nap but to no avail. Then we dropped Simon off at Audrey's for his Hebrew class. He brought a little wooden bird that he had gotten at school and he told me "I am going to tell Audrey in Hebrew that this is a bird. I'm going to say to her 'zeh tzipor' because she speaks only in Hebrew so I need to talk to her in Hebrew." Eli and I went to the mall while Simon was at Audrey's. We didn't have anything in particular to do there but needed to just kill some time. Eli got very excited when we passed the candy counter, so we stopped to get some treats. He was very happy with his gummy starfish and we got one for Simon too.
After we picked up Simon, we went to the Ellistons' for a playdate. When I told Simon that we were going to Tamar's he got really excited and said "oh thank you!" Then he said "who is Tamar?" He remembered her when he saw her and they had fun together playing and watching Barney. They were playing a matching game and I heard Tamar pick up a piece and say "l'mi yesh et zeh?" (meaning "who has this?") and Simon answered with "zeh sheli!" (it's mine). That was the only Hebrew that they spoke to each other but I thought it was pretty cool. The boys ate dinner there and then we left around 6 when things started to go downhill and there were multiple temper-tantrums.
David got home at the same time as we did and he was in charge of the kids because I had to write a paper...I still have to finish it...will post pictures in a bit because David is on the American phone line and it interferes with uploading.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment