Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Orli!

Eli is very proud of his newfound ability to call his girlfriend by her name, Orli. This morning, David took Eli to Bettina's and they got there at the same time that David Nussbaum was arriving with Orli. Eli started pointing and yelling "Orli! Orli!" (I'm not sure how to type the way he pronounces it, sort of like Oh-Li) Then, this afternoon Eli and I went to Orli's house while Simon was at his Hebrew class. We walked up to the door and Eli again got very excited and started saying "Orli! Orli!" I was impressed that he recognized it as her house just from the front door. Unfortunately, Orli was sleeping so he had to settle for playing with Maya. After we picked up Simon, we went back to the Nussbaums' and all 4 kids had fun and ate a really nice dinner together and then they picked out lots of random things from the cupboard for dessert. Simon, Debbie, Maya and I had a whole long conversation about the words that they say different than we do because they are from England and we are from America. Simon and Maya thought it was so funny. Debbie asked Simon if he knew what a nappy was--meaning a diaper--and he said "yeah, it's when you go to sleep!" Speaking of diapers, when we were at the Nussbaums', Eli brought a little tiny diaper from a doll over to me all of a sudden. I wasn't sure why he brought it to me but then he pointed to his own diaper and I realized that he was telling me he needed to be changed. How smart of him!
After Eli went to bed, Simon and I were playing a Hot Wheels game before he went to bed and I was doing something and he said "you should do it slowly because SLOW is the way to GO!" I have no idea where he got that from, but it was pretty cute.
Also, David bought Simon a little toy porsche because the one that he had got into an "accident" and is missing some key parts. Simon showed it to me and said "look, this is just like Papu's car. It is a Porsche 911 and it goes very fast, just like Papu does."

No comments: