The weather has gone back to being beautiful. Yesterday it was probably close to 70 and very sunny--the perfect day to be outside. After I picked up the kids, we came home to grab something for lunch and then we went to meet Debbie and her girls in the park for a couple of hours before Simon's Hebrew class. We had a great time. Simon taught Eli how to go down the big twisty slide. First, I was at the top of the slide with Eli and he clearly wanted to go down. I was a little bit worried because it's a really big and really twisty slide, so I told Simon to go down first and wait to catch Eli at the bottom. Simon went down and waited at the bottom, but then he moved before Eli got all the way down, so Eli slid off the bottom into the sand. He didn't care and Simon said "oops, I forgot to catch him." Then Eli saw Simon climb up the rope ladder to go back up to the slide so of course he had to try to do that too. I basically just lifted him up to the top and then I waited at the bottom of the slide for him. He accidentally came down on his back head first and he looked terrified but then he thought it was funny. Then he saw Simon go down on his tummy head first so of course he had to try that too. He is fearless and luckily we managed to leave the park with no injuries! It's interesting how Simon likes for me to play with him in the park but Eli is happy to just go off on his own and do his own thing. He actually gets annoyed when I try to intervene, even if it's to stop him from falling on his head.
We went straight from the park to take Simon to Audrey's and then Eli and I went to the supermarket. On the way home, Eli fell asleep so we just stayed in the car since we only had a few minutes before we had to go back and get Simon anyway. I couldn't believe that Eli stayed asleep when I took him out of the carseat and went in to get Simon. He didn't wake up until I was putting him back in the car.
Tali came over with Boaz and Uri to play and have dinner. Simon and Boaz played really well together--for some reason they decided to start calling Hot Wheels cars "Cold Wheels" instead which they thought was hilarious.
After dinner and baths, David and Simon spent a long time on the computer looking at pictures of various buildings because David showed Simon pictures of the government building in Haifa that looks like a rocket ship and then Simon wanted to see other big buildings that look like rocket ships.
No comments:
Post a Comment