Here is rundown of what the past 24 hours or so have been like around here:
On Thursday night, Simon seemed to not be feeling well when he went to bed and he woke up in the middle of the night and almost threw up and had a fever. He slept in our bed and still had a fever in the morning so didn't go to school.
I woke up feeling a sinus infection coming on with a headache. By the time I picked up Eli at 1, I thought I was going to die. Eli napped and Simon watched stuff on the computer in my room while I slept too. At one point, I heard Eli crying but I really couldn't move so I just lay still and hoped he'd stop. I heard Simon get up and go to Eli and say "what's wrong Eli? what happened? don't cry, you are ok." Then Simon came back to my room and whispered "Mommy, Eli is crying but I think he's going to go back to sleep." Luckily Eli quieted down and did go back to sleep.
I called David to come home when Eli woke up around 5 and then I went back to sleep until 9. Simon had fallen asleep in my bed at some point and he stayed there.
At 9, I sat down to finally start studying for my Investments final which was today which I hadn't started studying for and is my hardest class. Simon woke up around 10 and was watching the Hunt for Red October with David. Then he agreed to go to his bed but he wanted David to lie down with him. All was quiet and I got some studying done, but around 11 I heard gagging and then crying...Eli had woken up and thrown up! David cleaned him up and I changed his sheets and we put him back to bed. 2 seconds later, he threw up again. For the next couple of hours, David held him and kept trying to catch the throw-up in a towel but Eli kept pushing the towel away and throwing up on David. This happened at least 3 or 4 times. Then, while David was dealing with Eli and I was trying to study, I heard Simon throwing up too! He had caught it in his hand (gross) and managed to get the rest in a towel that I brought him so at least we didn't have to change his sheets too! He went right back to sleep. Eventually, David got Eli to sleep in our bed and at some point Simon joined them too leaving me no room when I finally wanted to go to sleep at 2:30. I slept on the couch until I had to get up at 6:30 to go take my test, which I hope I passed--I don't care how well I did, I just hope I at least got a 60.
Eli is going to the doctor this afternoon because he was still throwing up today. We were supposed to go to Beit Shemesh for Shabbat to Dodi and Marc's, but clearly we had to cancel and scramble some food together! Hopefully everyone will rest a lot over Shabbat and will all be healthy again by Sunday!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment