Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mo'

We had another busy day today. I was rushing to get Simon out the door and basically had to bribe him with a cookie to get him to leave. We were finally halfway out when he stopped and said "wait, we forgot to eat breakfast." He had eaten a breakfast bar already and he had the cookie--I said that to him and he started to cry and said "but I need milk with my cookie." I told him that after school I would make him something really special by mushing up cookies and putting them with milk so it would be cookie cereal. He loved that idea and went to school very happily.
We came home after school/daycare just for a few minutes, during which time the kids ate tons and tons of strawberries. Eli brought me the empty plate and asked for "mo" (more) which he says so cutely:



We then went to the Dicksons' to see their new house and to play with Dalia and Yoav. They live on a new-ish street with a lot of dirt and sand where the lawns will be. Simon said "oh, it's like the desert here!" Their house is really nice, especially the giant basement playroom of which I am really jealous. We went to a fun park that we had never been to before and spent a few hours enjoying the amazing weather. The kids all had a great time--Simon plays so well with both Dalia, who is 4 and Yoav who is 2 1/2. As usual, Eli thought he was a big kid and was climbing ladders and doing all kinds of things that practically gave me a heart attack. He also tried to steal a sandwich from another kid which was kind of funny. She wouldn't give it to him and I had to distract him with a breadstick.
After the park, we went back to the Dicksons' for a little bit and then we took some pasta to go and went straight to Playball. Simon hadn't been there in 2 weeks since he had been sick so he was very glad to get back. At one point, they were playing a game that involved being very quiet and sneaking up to get some beanbags. Eli was running around the gym putting his finger to his lips and saying "shhhh!" He was also having fun coming up to me and shouting "eye" and poking me in the eye. I'm just happy that he is finally getting some words, even if I am going to end up missing an eye.
We came home and the kids at a quick dinner that included their new favorite food--beet salad. How bizarre is that? They love it! Eli has recently acquired a taste for ketchup (I guess he is my kid after all) and he liked dipping the beets into it.
Eli went to bed and Simon stayed up when Michelle came to babysit because he likes to play hot wheels games with her. David and I went out for a quick dinner with Abby and Jonny for the best hamburgers in Ra'anana around the corner from us. David has become friendly with the owner of the restaurant so much so that even though they generally don't deliver, they will deliver to us anytime that they aren't really busy.

No comments: