While I was in class on Friday, I got a text message from David that we would be having guests for Shabbat. I was a little bit confused since I thought we were going out for both meals, but then he explained that his cousins Yakira and Koby (they are his cousin Marci's oldest 2 out of her 7 kids, they are 17 and 16) were coming to stay with us. We've been trying to find a weekend for them to come for a while and their plans for this weekend happened to fall through so they called to see if perhaps this weekend would work. I'm so glad they came and we had a great time with them! Simon and Eli loved all the extra attention, of course. Koby taught Eli how to make a popping sound with his finger and his mouth--Eli can't do it, but he would try every time he saw Koby.
We went to the Nussbaums' for dinner last night where we had a great time, as usual. Eli didn't even try to beat up Orli at all. David and Simon brought food over earlier in the day to the Hassons' where we were going for lunch. Before Shabbat, I told Simon that we were going to Maya's for dinner and he said "oh no, we brought the food to the wrong house!!" He was really excited about going to Maya's so I asked him if Maya is his girlfriend. He smiled and said "no, she's not my girlfriend, but I like her!" We didn't get home from dinner until 10:30 at which time David managed to break Simon's bed while taking out the mattress from the extra bed for Koby. He thought he fixed it, but when I sat down on the bed it fell in. Simon said it was ok, that he would sleep on "the fixed part" but we were afraid that he would roll out since it was totally on a slant. David and Koby managed to fix it well enough that Simon could sleep without rolling out. It's fine now that the mattress is back underneath.
Because of the late night, none of us woke up until after 9am. Eli didn't get up until close to 10. Needless to say, we were very late for shul. As usual, it was over when we got there and they were cleaning up from kiddush. We went to the Hassons' for lunch with the Nussbaums too. All the kids played nicely again and Eli can very clearly say "Orli." I will add it to his list of words that is starting to grow rapidly.
We got home around 4 and I took a nap until Shabbos was over while everyone else hung out and played. After Shabbos, David drove Yakira and Koby to Jerusalem and had dinner with them. I was trying to fix David's computer that wasn't connecting to the internet for some reason. The battery died in the middle and Simon said to me "just leave it and come play a hot wheels game with me on the other computer. You can fix it later." I did that and then put him to bed.
Eli has already woken up twice since he went to bed. Both times he was screaming and only stopped when I gave him milk at which point he immediately stopped and said "todah." I hope we are not in for a long night of this because I have a feeling given my nap this afternoon David is going to make it be my turn to get up!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment