Yesterday when I picked up Simon at gan, he asked me if Dad was home. I said no and he seemed sad, so we called David to see if he wanted to meet us for lunch. First he said he couldn't, but then he called back a few minutes later and said it turned out he could. As Simon and I parked at Bettina's he peeked through the buildings and said "hey, I see Burgers Bar over there! Let's go there for lunch." So we got Eli and then met David and Jonny at Burgers Bar for lunch. Simon was sitting at the counter when I ordered and he heard me say no tomatoes for David's salad. Then he asked me how you say tomato in Hebrew so I told him and then he said to the man behind the counter "ani rotzeh agvaniot" because he did want tomatoes with his burger. I thought it was interesting that he wanted to talk to the man in Hebrew even though he had just heard me talk to him in English. I actually started out in Hebrew but the guy answered me in English so I switched. I guess I need to work on my accent!
After lunch we came home and I was trying to get Eli to take a nap, but he was running around the apartment and wouldn't let me catch him. Simon was in the bathroom and Eli picked up his jacket and brought it to Simon. Simon said "I don't think you need your jacket, Beals, you are going for a nappy now." Sometimes Simon calls him Beals. He also has started calling him "E." I finally got Eli to go to sleep and Simon and I were playing Hot Wheels games. I got really bored and asked Simon if it was ok if I closed my eyes for a few minutes. Such a good kid--he let me sleep for almost an hour, I think!
When everyone woke up, Tali, Boaz and Uri came over to play and have dinner. After they left, the boys took a bath. Simon picked up one of his plastic whales and informed me: "this is a humpback whale, but it's not a real humpback whale because it doesn't have balean plates." I took some video in the tub and Simon asked if we were going to send it to Ducky, so this one is for you, Ducky:
Luckily I stopped taping just before Simon let out a huge fart and then said "look, I can make bubbles from my tush too." Classic.
Oh, one thing I forgot, while we were at Burgers Bar we ate lunch outside. There is a dry cleaners next store and there was a cat sitting outside. Simon asked David if the cat was waiting to go into the dry cleaners. David asked why it would be going in, did it need to pick up its shirts? Simon said "no, it is waiting for its fur to be ready!"
No comments:
Post a Comment