On Friday morning, David got up bright and early and went to pick up his dad in Herzliya to bring him back to Ra'anana to go to shul for megillah. While they were gone, I was left to get the kids up and ready and get us all packed for the weekend. Shockingly, I managed to get it all done with time to spare! We loaded into the car and went to Savti and Zaide's hotel in Herzliya for breakfast/Purim Seudah. I LOVE Israeli hotel breakfasts! We hung out at their hotel for a while and the kids played and convinced Savti to buy them really expensive bubbles in the gift shop. Then we headed to the airport in Tel Aviv that looks remarkably like a bus station for our flight to Eilat.
I should mention that I had woken up in the morning with one eye crusted shut. I washed it out and hoped it would just get better on its own, but it got worse as the day went on. By the time we arrived in Eilat, both of my eyes were swollen and crusty and gross and I could barely see. I sent David and Simon straight to super-pharm to get me some visine and Savti told me to put teabags on my eyes too. Everything just kept getting worse until I literally couldn't open my eyes. We ended up calling the hotel doctor who diagnosed my acute conjunctivitis and prescribed an antihistimine, eye drops and a cream and assured me that I was not in fact going blind. He also gave me the sad news that I couldn't go swimming or be in the sun at all. By morning, I could keep my eyes open, but I looked like someone had punched me in the face.
Anyway, while David, Eli and I were waiting for the doctor, Simon had a very nice dinner outside with Savti and Zaide. Zaide reported that he eventually had to take Simon's plate away because he was eating so much he thought he might throw up! He was very well behaved and had fun. After the doctor left, David put Eli and me to bed and then he met up with Simon and his parents and took Simon for a romantic walk on the beach.
We all slept a little late in the morning and had a pretty low-key day. I'm not really sure what everyone else did because I spent most of the time sleeping since I couldn't do anything else!
On Sunday, David and the boys had fun in the pool the whole morning. Simon loved swimming and Eli was terrified for some reason and didn't take well to the whole thing. That doesn't bode well for my summer plans of taking the kids to the pool every day, so hopefully he'll get over it!
I'm a little worried about Eli in general because David's parents have confirmed my fears that he not only looks like David but acts like him too...only David wasn't this mischevious until he was a bit older, so I have no idea what that means for Eli! But let's just say that the Dan Eilat hotel will never be the same now that hurricane Eli has been through there! Some rooms are missing a few door stoppers...and the hotel is missing some silverware, but that's because Savti stole it, not Eli:)
In the late afternoon, we went for an early dinner and then took some pictures on the beach and walked along the boardwalk where we passed a restaurant called the Boston Grill with a little boat out front that said "Boston, Mass" on it. Perfect picture opportunity!
For some reason, we went to the airport very early for our flight which wasn't until 9pm. There was a little play area in the airport that kept the kids occupied. Our flight was a little bit delayed and Eli fell asleep within 2 seconds of take-off and Simon fell asleep about 2 seconds before we landed. Good timing! I took the kids to the car and we waited for David to come with the luggage...it took way longer than it should have because the parking ticket wasn't working and then the guy helping David had to go help the woman on a motorbike who got hit by a cab (she was ok)...we ended up not getting home until 11:30. We all crashed and the kids slept until almost 9 this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment