Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sunny Days

I feel like I talk about the weather a lot on this blog, but once again I just need to comment on how beautiful it's been. I was ready to take out the shorts and put away the winter clothes, but someone told me that I should take out the shorts but keep out the winter clothes because this is the time of year when for a few weeks the weather is not consistent. Like a taste of New England here in Ra'anana!
Anyway, we've been taking advantage of the weather as much as possible. Yesterday, I picked up mini-pizzas on the way to get the kids and then we met the Nussbaums in the park, which seems to be becoming our new Tuesday afternoon ritual. The kids spent a lot of time "feeding the ants" which consisted of pouring apple juice on the ants. Then Eli kept coming over to my diaper bag and taking out wipes and wiping up the apple juice (and the ants). Poor little ants. We left the park we were at and went to a different park down the street so that we could go to the macolet and get popsicles. Debbie went to get the popsicles and Simon needed to taste all the flavors before he actually picked one. He ate most of the one that he chose and then it fell on the floor and he got SO upset. I was trying to comfort him and I told him that sometimes things like that happen and he said through his tears "but you need to make it so they don't happen." How heartbreaking is that?
Eli and I dropped Simon off at Audrey's for his Hebrew class and then I took the very long way home in an attempt to get Eli to fall asleep. He did, so I sat in the car in our parking spot for an hour reading the newspaper until it was time to pick up Simon. That little nap really helped Eli and he was in a great mood when we got Simon. We went to Burger Ranch to meet Andi and her kids for a quick dinner. I told Simon that we were going for burgers and he said "I want to go to that place near the money store." I had no idea what he was talking about until he said "we went there last time after a hair cut." He meant the burger place that was in the alley way across from the One Shekel Shop--funny that he called that the money store! We were sitting by the window in Burger Ranch and Eli was looking out the window and he suddenly started shrieking and pressing his face against the window. I turned to look and Kenny (Bettina's husband) was outside waving to Eli. Eli was so excited to see him--he was waving and blowing kisses and then he cried so hard when Kenny left. Kenny could obviously hear him outside and down the block, so he came back for more waving.
The other day I was having a conversation with Simon about sharing a room with Eli. Simon said "I need my own room because Eli wakes up and cries in the night too much. Eli should sleep in your room so that you don't have so far to walk when he cries."
This afternoon, Simon and I were sitting at the table having lunch together when he suddenly said "let's call Dad." So we called David and Simon had a nice conversation with him. Then he wanted to call Ducky and Papu. So first we called Ducky and got her voicemail--at first Simon thought it was actually her so he started talking and said to me "why is she not answering me?" I don't think he gets what voicemail is. He left her a message and then he said "now let's try Papu." We left him a message too and Simon said "why is no one there when I call?"
Apparently Eli learned the word "tasty" today at Bettina's, but he wouldn't say it for me. He does say his own version of "disgusting" though. If you say "Eli, your dirty diaper is..." and he proudly says "agussing!"

No comments: