Yesterday was Simon's fourth birthday. He and David were having a discussion a few days ago about what happens at different ages. Simon informed me: "one means you learn how to play, two means you sleep in your own big boy bed, three means underwear, and four means swimming underwater and doing Shabbat." Apparently Simon can no longer be our Shabbos goy, but at least we have Eli for that!
In keeping with family tradition, I put some birthday presents at the end of Simon's bed while he was sleeping so that he could open them first thing in the morning. I woke up in the morning and found him sleeping across the bottom of my bed (yes, like a dog)--I have no idea when he got there, but I had to take him back to his room so that he could see the presents.
After school, I took the boys to Savti and Zaide's hotel for a little birthday celebration for Simon and more presents. Eli climbed onto a lounge chair and covered himself with a towel that was there and looked like he was going to go to sleep. Very cute. We didn't stay long because Savti wasn't feeling well. She and David are both sick with the flu. Apparently at least one of us must be sick at all times!
This morning, I went by myself to Simon's birthday party at gan because everyone else couldn't get out of bed. It was so cute and so much fun! They make such a big deal out of birthdays for kids here. He sat in a special chair and there was lots of singing and dancing and presents. And all the kids lifted him up on a chair like at a Bar Mitzvah. I got there a little early so I also got to see them do tefilah (prayer) with their siddurs. I took lots of video which I am putting here:
No comments:
Post a Comment