Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Purim!






This morning, David and his dad went on a whirlwind trip to the cemetery in Beit Shemesh to visit Grampa Ezra. They were back in time to pick up Simon at 12. Jenna and I walked to pick up Eli since it was such a beautiful day and then we all just hung out and Eli napped until it was time to get ready to go to shul for Purim.
The boys put on their costumes--Eli was a bumblebee and Simon was Spiderman and we went to shul with high hopes that we would all hear the megillah. Savti and I took the boys with us and they were being very good and then as soon as the megillah started, Eli let out his signature yelp and the reader got very quiet waiting for Eli to be quiet, so I had to take him out. It seemed that half the shul knew the sound came from Eli, even those who didn't actually see him. He has a very distinctive voice, I guess!
Simon stayed in with Savti for a little bit, but then he didn't like the noise so he came out. We spent the rest of the time having snacks and playing inside and outside. At least I got some cute pictures out of the whole deal.
After shul, Marcia's daughter Sarah came to babysit and the grown-ups went to Carrousel for dinner which was very yummy!

No comments: