I'm sorry for my lack of posting over the past few days--on Thursday, David was using the computer and all was working fine. Then he gave it to me so I could do the blog and that is when bad things happened. It started making a terrible noise (or "noisen" as Simon would call it) and it wouldn't do anything. I hoped maybe it just needed a good night's sleep and would be working again in the morning. This was going to be particularly important because I planned to work from home on Friday and that isn't really possible without a computer. Anyway, it obviously still wasn't working on Friday morning. I spent 3 hours on the phone with very nice people in India from Hewlett-Packard and the end result was that they are sending us a new hard drive that should be here on Tuesday. I took the desktop out of the closet and set it up on the floor in the den since we got rid of the desk to make room for the baby. It is not particularly comfortable to use a desktop on the floor and I don't recommend it. And I don't think I can post any pictures because I seem to remember having major issues trying to do that on this computer right before we got the laptop, so I don't think I'm even going to try.
Anyway, I know Simon has done a lot of cute and funny things since Wednesday when I last posted--here are just a few that I can think of at the moment, in no particular order:
1. this afternoon, he and David were sitting on the couch looking at People magazine. David told Simon that they were going to look for pictures of hot women. Then he turned the page and Simon pointed to a picture of J. Lo and said "She hot?" In Simon's opinion, J. Lo is hot, but Kate Hudson is not. This might be because J. Lo was wearing short sleeves, so was obviously somewhere warm, while Kate Hudson was wearing long-sleeves.
2. On Thursday, when I picked up Simon from Yaya's he told me a whole long story about his little red truck that he had brought to Yaya's. He said "Pam take it mine truck, put in pocket." I asked him why and he said "Francesca and Josh want it mine truck, take it mine truck. I crying so much. We fighting mine truck. Pam take it away." I asked him if he was sad and he said "me sad. Me crying so much." Then I asked if Pam gave him a hug and he said "no, only Yaya give me hug." Then I asked if that made him feel better and he said "yes, me feel better." 3. This morning, the exterminator was here because Susan and Sophia have an ant problem (we had one too, but once I got some ant traps it went away. I guess we scared them all upstairs). We had to go outside while he was spraying and Simon and Sophia were very excited to play together. Simon was still in his pj's and he insisted on putting on his boots. Sophia was wearing a sundress and her slippers. They looked really funny as they ran around in circles on the porch singing "Skip to My Lou" and then climbing up on the porch railing and yelling "Hello trucks!" to the cars next door. When Susan and Sophia left to run errands and we went back inside, Simon decided he wanted to put his boots next to Sophia's slippers that she had left by the door instead of next to her boots, where he usually puts his boots. When we got home from shul later, her slippers were gone and her boots were next to his boots. It's really cute how they like to arrange their things.
4. Simon ate a good dinner tonight of gefilte fish, broccoli and cauliflower. Then he was standing next to me while I was eating some cucumber with russian dressing. I wasn't really paying attention to how many pieces of it he took, but then I noticed that his mouth was really full and it seemed like he might be choking a little bit. I held out a napkin and told him to spit it out--David and I watched in amazement as literally almost an entire cucumber came out of his mouth.
I'm sure there's more, but I have to go to bed because we are waking up at the crack of dawn to go to Eliav's wedding in Philadelphia. Simon is very excited because he is spending the whole day with Ducky.
Brace Face
6 years ago
1 comment:
I love the story of is she hot! Such a smart kid!
Post a Comment