


Yesterday was a very bad day for Simon. Yaya called in the middle of the day to say that Simon had bitten Francesca very hard on the lip and it was bleeding a lot so her mom had to come get her and take her to the doctor. David asked if we should come pick him up and she said that he was going in for a nap but that we should pick him up right after because he was very upset. I went to get him at 3 and he was still sleeping so I talked to Yaya and Pam until he woke up at 4. They said that Francesca took the bike that he was using so he bit her. Not that it's an excuse, but he was provoked. They also said that Francesca is the one has started the recent biting trend. They were definitely upset with Simon, but at least they recognized that it wasn't entirely his fault. He woke up from his nap crying, but then he was happy to see me. I asked him what happened and he said "I bite Cesca. I get big time out." I told him that this was very bad and that I wasn't happy. He got very serious and said "you not happy Mommy?" And then he gave me a hug and said "you happy Mommy?" Yaya had a serious talk with him and then we left. In the car, I asked him if was sorry for biting Francesca and he said no. But he clearly knew that he had done something wrong especially when we got home and he asked for a popsicle and I told him that he couldn't have one since he hurt his friend. This made him very sad and it was heartbreaking, but I didn't give in. He was pretty quiet for the whole night and went right to bed after his bath and 2 books.
He woke up in a good mood today and was happy to go to Yaya's house. I made David take him in because Francesca's car was there and I didn't want to see her parents, though I had spoken to her dad the night before to apologize and he was mostly nice, although he did ask me if this is typical behavior of Simon. I didn't like his tone, so I responded with "well he's not a vicious child." Simon apologized to her and then was apparently well-behaved all day. Yaya said they all had a lot of talks today because all of the kids had been bad lately.
We came home and Ducky came over for a little while. Simon was ok when she left, but then I few minutes later he said "I want see Ducky now." I guess he was ok when she left because he didn't realize that she had actually left!
No comments:
Post a Comment