Yesterday, Simon had to go see Dr. Roth for his 27-month check up. I picked him up from Yaya's at 1:45, right in the middle of his nap. Apparently he had never fallen asleep, so he didn't mind being disturbed. But then I told him where we were going and he immediately said "I don't want to go doctor." He didn't cry though. And while he kept saying the whole way there in the car that he didn't want to go, he never cried. We got into the waiting room and Elan and Shira were there. At first Simon wouldn't let me even put him down, but eventually he started playing with Elan. Then it was time to go and get undressed and get weighed and measured (25 lbs 12 oz and 35.5 inches tall). Again, he kept insisting that he didn't want to and he made a little pouty face a few times, but it was almost like he was gritting his teeth and being determined to be very brave and not cry at all. As we were going back to the exam room, he saw another kid with a lollipop and he said he wanted one. I told him to tell Dr. Roth and that he would have one afterwards. As soon as she came into the room, he said "I want lollipop now." She promised him he would get one after she was done with him. He was very patient and every few seconds would ask her "me all done now?" Finally, he was all done and when Dr. Roth left the room he waved and said "bye, Dr. Roth." Then he got his lollipop and said hi to Sophia who also happened to be there and then we left. That was the first time since I can remember that he didn't cry at all at the doctor's office!
From there, we went downtown to JCRC for a good-bye party. I knew there was potential for this to be a disaster given that Simon hadn't napped and given that last time I took him to my office he hated it. I was worried for nothing because he had a fantastic time. He made himself right at home, running all over the place and finding things to play with. We went up to the ice cream party and again, he sat right down at the table and ate his ice cream and then ran wild and narrated everything that he was doing, including drawing on the whiteboard and then erasing it. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, but woke up when we got there. Susan and Sophia were up on their porch in front and Simon wanted to go see Sophia, so we went up and he watched Barney with her and played at her house while I went downstairs and started dinner. Simon came home just as David came home. He ate some hot-dogs and baked beans for dinner and then suddenly said "I want chicken nuggets. I want waffles." I made him some waffles, which he ate, but I drew the line at the chicken nuggets because I didn't think he would really eat them. After dinner, he had a bath and was in bed and asleep by 7:30.
This morning, Simon spent about 15 minutes lying on the floor of his room completely naked screaming at the top of his lungs. He was mad because he wanted to wear his pajamas to Yaya's house. I managed to get them off of him, but then I couldn't get anything on him. Everytime I went near him, he would kick and yell "DON'T TOUCH ME. DON'T LOOK AT ME!" Somehow I managed to finally get him dressed and we eventually got out the door and got to Yaya's house.
I meant to bring my camera to work with me because I have some cute pictures to post, but I forgot. I will try to do it from home later, but our current computer situation makes it somewhat complicated. Note to everyone--NEVER buy a laptop from Sam's Club. And possibly never buy a Hewlett-Packard laptop.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment