Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Eliav's Wedding and Simon's Day with Ducky and Papu





On Sunday morning, David and I left at 6:30am to catch a 9:00 flight from Providence to Philly for Eliav and Dina's wedding. Ducky came to stay with Simon, who was actually already up when we left. He never wakes up that early so I have to say I was glad that we had to be up anyway or I would have been really annoyed. We had a great time at the wedding--I'm including a few pictures, although most of the pictures that I took did not come out good.
More importantly, Simon had a fantastic time with Ducky and Papu. I will add pictures from his day when I get them from my mom. He tired Ducky out before 9am just playing basketball, soccer and football in the house. Then they went to watch Papu's softball game and then they had lunch and a nap. Apparently Simon napped on the floor because when Ducky heard him when he woke up, she went to get him and he was standing by the door and had lines on his face from the floor.
They went to Ducky's house and Papu taught Simon how to play tennis. When Simon told me about this on Monday, he said he played tennis with Ducky. I said I thought he played with Papu and he said "I clean up." I told him that Papu used to pay me to clean the court and he should insist on getting paid too. He just looked at me confused and then said "Papu ride it tractor. I have good time."
When we got home late Sunday night, I went to check on him, and he was sound asleep on the floor by the door using BrrrBrrr as a pillow. I picked him up and moved him to his bed. He woke up enough to give me a hug, but I don't think he remembered in the morning because when I went to get him in the morning, he looked at me very sadly and said "where Ducky go?" I said that she went home and he looked like he was going to cry. I asked him if he was sad and he asked "I said bye-bye Ducky?" He was very afraid that she left and he didn't get to say goodbye. I assured him that he said goodbye the night before.
I took him to Yaya's house and then when I picked him up in the afternoon, they had just gone outside and were about to go in the baby pool. Simon likes to stand outside the pool and reach in and splash the other kids. They were all splashing each other and having a great time. Then Yaya brought out popsicles and they all sat down to eat them. All of the kids wanted orange, but there were only two orange ones. Simon got to have one of them because apparently earlier in the day he was a good sport and ate a color that he didn't want.
Finally, we got home and he ate a big piece of gefilte fish and some orzo for dinner. David came home and Simon and I were playing in the den. David tried to get Simon to tell him about his day, but Simon said "no, Dada. I don't want to talk." Then I went to a meeting and David gave him a bath and got him ready for bed. They were watching the Cubs game and Simon was clearly paying close attention because he said to David "what's this mean strike?" and then a few minutes later he said "what's this mean strike two?"
Today, I had gotten a chocolate milkshake before I picked him up at Yaya's and I saved most of it for him. He was drinking it in the car and he tilted it too far and it spilled all over him. When we got out of the car and were walking up the driveway, he was walking like he just got off of a horse and was going very slowly and saying "I can't do it. I can't walk. I all wet. I need it napkin." I couldn't stop laughing and he gave me a very dirty look.
We had chicken fingers for dinner and Simon tasted mustard and decided that he doesn't like it and he only likes ketchup. Smart kid. Then David went to the driving range and I gave Simon a bath and actually had him in bed by 7:15. I knew that was too good to be true--I've already had to go back in 3 times. I was just in there now and David came home, so now David is trying to get him to go to sleep. I told him not to get out of bed and sleep on the floor, so instead, he gets out of bed and stands by the door and yells "MOMMY!!!" I read him the book that Savti got him about a kid getting a big bed and I changed all the words so that it was about him. He thought that was the funniest thing ever.

No comments: