Thursday, June 15, 2006

Out for Dinner


This morning Simon woke up in a great mood, probably because he went to bed earlier than usual and went straight to sleep instead of getting out of bed 100 times. David brought him upstairs and we hung out in bed for a while and then rushed like crazy to get ready to leave on time.
He had a good day at Yaya's house with no biting incidents. Yaya said that she thinks when he doesn't get enough sleep, instead of acting cranky and crying, he just has a very short temper (wonder where he gets that from!) so we have to make sure that he gets enough sleep.
After I picked him up, we went to Rubins and had dinner with Gary and Missy Miller and their 3 kids and their cousin from Australia and Carla. Even though we don't really know them at all, we had a really nice time. Simon was VERY well behaved--he played with their kids and particularly liked to play with their 8 month old baby, David who was sitting in a high chair. Simon didn't really like it when David grabbed onto his hair and wouldn't let go, but he took it fairly well. Things almost got out of control when I put ketchup on Simon's french fries. He screamed at me "I DON'T WANT IT KETCHUP 'DERE RIGHT NOW." Luckily, Miriam had ordered the same thing as he did and there was no ketchup on her's, so we just switched them. Simon ate his whole hot dog and some of his french fries. When he was done, he basically ran around the restaurant in circles, but no one seemed to be bothered by that so I let him do it because it was easier than trying to get him to stay still.
We got a sandwich to bring home for David and Simon carried it to the car and held onto it until we got home and then he gave it to David and said "here y'go, your sannich." David asked him what he ate for dinner and he said meatballs. Such a liar.
It was already 8 when we got home since it took forever to get our food at Rubin's, so he had a quick bath and then I read him one book and was singing him one song when suddenly he freaked out and was yelling at me that I broke his car. I had no idea what he was talking about and eventually he calmed down and told me that he wanted to put his car on the chair and then pick it up himself. I still wasn't quite sure what he was talking about so I asked him why he wanted to do that and he said tearfully "I no know." Then I asked him if he was crying because he was so tired and he sighed and said "yes." So I asked him if he wanted to go to bed and he immediately stopped crying and said "yes please." I haven't heard from him since, but I'm going to go check and make sure he is actually in bed and not asleep on the floor. As I was putting him into his bed, he asked "baby brudder sleeping in crib now?" I said not yet. Yesterday he referred to the crib as "baby brudder's crib" instead of "mine crib" so I think that is a good sign.

No comments: