Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Home Run...Oops

On Sunday night, I was definitely right to wonder whether Simon was actually going to go to sleep early. It was possibly his worst going to bed experience ever. I read him books and sang songs with him in the chair and then I went to put him in bed. He asked me so nicely to lie down with him and I thought he was so tired that I could lie down with him for a minute and he'd fall asleep. That was not the case. I stayed for a few minutes and then told him I was going. He cried like I was torturing him and kept saying "no you stay mine bed. you stay. Please you stay." So I stayed. Then finally he said I could go, so I left and as soon as I shut the door he started screaming at the top of his lungs "MOMMY COME BACK. I NEED IT MY MOMMY. YOU COME BACK NOW." I decided to let him cry it out since he was so tired, thinking he'd be asleep in mere minutes. 15 minutes later, he was still screaming just as loud with no sign of stopping. So I went back in and tried to pick him up. He was completely hysterical and wouldn't let me pick him up, he just wanted me to lie down with him. As soon as I did, he stopped crying. I ended up staying in his bed for a good solid hour--everytime I thought he was asleep and I started to leave, he would get hsyterical again. Finally, I got out of his bed and he started to cry, but he stopped when I promised him that I wasn't leaving, I was just going to sit in the chair. I sat there for another few minutes until he was clearly asleep and then I left. At 3:30 in the morning, he woke up screaming that he couldn't find BrrrBrrr. David went and found him and then Simon screamed for him to stay with him too. Needless to say, he woke up exhausted in the morning and everytime my phone rang I thought it was going to be Yaya calling to say that he bit someone again. Somehow he actually got through the day very well behaved. Last night, he was a total angel about going to bed. I tucked him in before 8 and never heard from him again. I went to check on him at 8:30 and he was still up, but just barely, and as far as I know he never got out of his bed. I woke him at 7:30 this morning so he was finally well-rested.
Tonight, we were playing baseball in the den--it's more like hockey, but he calls it baseball. He hit the ball and I said "Yay, homerun!" so he dropped the "bat" (it's actually a drum stick) and started to run as if he was running around bases. Unfortunately, he tripped on something and fell on his face on the wood floor. His lip was bleeding and he was very upset until David said the magic words--"do you want a popsicle?" He said yes and picked a purple one for him and a purple one for me. We ate them on the porch and he told me a few times how he hurt his lip. He said "I hit homerun. I running and I fall down. I get booboo on face." I asked him if the popsicle was making it feel better and he said "no. still really really hurts." I gave it a kiss and that helped.
Now he's having a bath and then we will see how bedtime goes tonight...wish us luck!

1 comment:

Arica said...

Good Luck!!!