
Last night, the only way I could get Simon to stay in bed by himself was to let him have my bracelet and to tell him that I'd come back and check on him (to which he responded "you going check on Dada now?"). Of course, I forgot that I was supposed to go back in and only remembered over an hour later when I was going to go to bed and I wanted to take my bracelet back so it wouldn't get lost. As I opened the door to Simon's room, there was some resistence because he was lying on the floor right by the door. He sat up and looked confused. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I no know." Then I asked if he was sleeping on the floor and he said "I no know." I picked him up and lay down in bed with him. He sat up, looked right at me and said "I wait Mommy by door." I felt SO bad!! I asked him if he was waiting for me because I said I'd come back and he said yes. Then I asked if he fell asleep because I took too long and he said yes. Poor thing. Eventually he went to sleep but I still felt guilty when I went to sleep. At 5am he was sort of whimpering, so I immediately ran to his room. He wasn't awake at all--probably just rolled over onto the car that was in his bed with him--but I got in his bed and went back to sleep. When he woke up, he looked a little confused as to why I was there, but he gave me a big smile.
Tonight, I insisted that we read books and sing songs in his chair and then he got into bed by himself. I thought if I didn't lie in bed with him at all, it would be easier for him to go to sleep. He seemed fine and said good night to me and I left. All was quiet for a long time until we heard him banging on something. David went to check and he was lying on the floor next to the door banging on the floor! David put him back to bed and hopefully he is still there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment