


This morning Simon had his last music class for the summer. At least I think it was the last one--I'm not sure that they have Sunday classes over the summer and I think we might be able to go back to taking it in Brookline in the fall since I won't be working. I have to see if I can find one that will be in the afternoon since Simon will be in school in the mornings. We brought Mama and Judy so that they could see the music class. Simon was his usual music-class self, playing with the instruments and running all over the room. While it often seems like he's not paying attention, he definitely is absorbing something because he sings the songs from music class all the time. This evening, he found the song book from this session and he brought it into the kitchen singing "hello to Dada...so glad to see you..." and then he was looking through the book and singing a medley of the songs. It was pretty impressive that he was singing the right songs from each page. I guess the pictures were somehow giving him a clue as to what song was on which page. Either that or he has suddenly learned how to read words and music.
I went out to run some errands and when I got back, David and Simon were just about to make brownies. David said Simon had been throwing a huge fit and the only thing that got him to stop was the offer to bake brownies. They realized that we didn't have any eggs, so first they went to the grocery store and then they came back and made yummy brownies.
While the brownies were cooking, we ate dinner and watched Grease on tv. Simon was clapping along to the music and really liked watching the dancing. He ate a browine for dessert and then had a bath and went to bed--it only took 45 minutes to get him to go to sleep. Hopefully it will continue to take less and less time because this is getting very annoying!
No comments:
Post a Comment