Thursday, June 01, 2006

Big Trouble

This morning, Simon woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He was happy enough when I went to get him, but then everything that I did or said made him mad. He watched Barney while I got dressed--it took me a very long time because I was supposed to wear a suit today for our annual meeting, but I don't have one that fits me. I tried on a million things and Simon kept saying "you wealing that dress?" and then "you wealing that dress now?" He got really mad when I turned off the tv and when I told him that we have to go to Yaya's house, he said "I don't want to go to Yaya house." I said then he has to stay here by himself so he said "I want stay here by self." We finally got out the door and he found a red balloon in the car. He wanted to bring it to Yaya's house. I knew she wasn't going to like that, but I didn't have the heart to make him cry again, so I let him bring it inside hoping that Yaya would somehow get it away from him without him noticing. He was very cooperative when she suggested that he give it to me to take home. He handed it to me and said "see you later Mommy" so I left.
When I picked him up, he was having a big time out because he had bitten Josh. He was in big trouble and wasn't allowed to stand up or talk to anyone. He didn't seem all that remorseful, but he did apologize to Josh. Then Pam told Josh he had to apologize to Simon too. I asked why and she said that Josh had hit Simon in the face and that's why Simon bit him. I know biting is not a reasonable response, but he had to fight back in some way! This is the 2nd day in a row that he bit someone so I really hope he's not starting this habit again.
Putting him to bed tonight was a total nightmare. I was very happy because he was bathed and in pj's by 7:20, so I lay in bed with him and we read some books and sang some songs. But he absolutely refused to let me leave. Finally, at 8:15, I told him I was leaving and he had to go to sleep. He got really mad and was crying and screaming, but he didn't get out of his bed. I was prepared to let him cry it out, but David came home just as I was leaving his room and David felt sorry for him and went in. Simon was screaming "I want my Mommy" so I ended up going in and sitting in his rocking chair with him for a while. I sang Hush Little Baby about 800 times and kept asking him if he wanted to go to sleep and he kept saying no very sadly. Finally, I stopped asking and just put him in his bed and he rolled over and went right to sleep.
Sorry about the lack of pictures recently---I keep forgetting to take any!

No comments: