Sunday, November 19, 2006

Catching Up Again

We've had a busy few days since I last posted. First, while I was proud of myself for getting both kids to bed by 8:30 on Wednesday night when David was out, I apparently didn't do such a good job because Eli woke up at 10:45 and was up until 11:45 and then only slept until 4.
On Thursday, after school we went to Yaya's house to say hi. The kids were just getting up from their naps and Simon said to Pam "where are all my friends?" Sadly, most of them aren't there anymore, but Simon had fun playing with Felix and then Hiroki stopped by because he takes piano lessons with the woman who lives upstairs from Yaya. Simon had snack there and when he was done, Pam said to him "let me clean your manos." He held up his hands and said "manos means hands."
Also on Thursday my newest (and final or else David will divorce me) double stroller arrived. I love the big one that I have but I really wanted a smaller one for travel or the mall, etc. I bought it on e-bay for 1/2 the price of what it costs at Magic Beans, so I am happy about that. Simon really liked it and insisted that he and Eli go in it and I give them a ride around the house (sorry about Simon's mouth full of food in this picture):

On Friday, Yael came over to borrow all of my maternity clothes and the timing worked out quite nicely so that she and Jesse stayed with Eli while I went to pick up Simon from school where I spotted him walking like a penguin on the playground. They learned about penguins last week in school and one of the activities that they did was to act like a penguin. I will try to get him on videotape because it is hilarious. He waddles and flaps his arms and says "flap flap flap." We came home and Yael and Jesse left and then Silvia and her mom Heather came over for lunch and to play. Simon and Silvia played very nicely together and had a really good time. (For anyone who knows Simon's cousin Bailey--doesn't Silvia look exactly like her??)














Eli took a nice long nap while Silvia was here--he now makes it very obvious when he is tired and I rock him and he cries for about 5 minutes and then goes to sleep. I put him in the crib in Simon's room because I didn't think he'd sleep for as long as he did. Because he slept for 2 hours Simon didn't get a nap because I didn't want to try putting him in while Eli was sleeping. Simon was in a good enough mood anyway and we all ate a nice Shabbos dinner together and then we were all in bed by 9:30.
We didn't do much on Saturday. Simon asked us who was coming over since we've had so much company recently, but he didn't seem that disappointed when we told him that no one was coming over. David had both kids in the morning and I slept until 10:30. We ate lunch and then played and then by 2:30 we were all taking naps until about 4:30. After the kids were in bed for the night David left for New York because he was going to the Bears-Jets game today. I stayed up way too late and then had to get up with Eli at 3 and then at 5 and then at 8. Simon woke up around 8:15 and for the first time ever came out of his room by himself instead of calling for us. I heard his door open, but he didn't say anything so I called to him and told him to come upstairs. He said "it's ok I came out of my bed?" I told him it was ok and that he can get out of bed in the morning just not in the middle of the night. He said "I told myself Mommy and Dada will be happy I get out of bed." He was right--it saved me a trip downstairs.
Simon was a little bit wild this morning which made me a bit apprehensive about my long day alone with the boys, but we had a great day. We went to the Children's Museum where we ran into Elan and Dave and lots of other friends which was nice. We had to walk pretty far from the car to the museum and Simon was a good sport. We walked along the water because I thought that would be more interesting for him. It was a little too interesting and we kept having to stop to look at the water so it took a long time in the freezing cold, but I got some cute pictures:











We had fun at the museum and then I got Simon to agree to leave by telling him that we could get pizza for lunch. I asked him if he wanted to go to the pizza place or have pizza bagels at home. He chose pizza bagels at home, but then when we were driving home and passing through Coolidge Corner he said "are you going to turn? Are we going to get pizza?" I reminded him that he said he wanted pizza bagels and he said he wanted to go to the pizza place. So we did. We sat at a table for 2 and Eli slept the whole time. Simon and I each had a piece of pizza and we shared a blue powerade that he was very excited about. He is a great date because he is very funny. There were 2 air bubbles in his pizza and he said "look, you have boobies just like this pizza does." Priceless.
We left just as Eli started to wake up and scream. We got home and played for a little bit and then Simon went to take a nap at 2:45 and Eli went to sleep at 3:15 and they both slept until 5:15. Then somehow we had dinner and baths and it's now 9pm and both kids are sleeping (I think) and David is hopefully going to be home soon. I feel like a ran a marathon but I'm glad to know that I am capable of spending 24 hours alone with my kids!


2 comments:

Gila said...

You are incredible, I know I wouldn't be able to go it alone for 24 hrs!

Valerie said...

What kind of stroller is it? Someone gave me a double Combi for free, but I'm drooling over the double Valco with attachable toddler seat (available at Magic Beans, but you need a home equity loan to buy one).