


Eli had his first playdate this morning. We went to a little mom-baby group at Stef Mishkin's house. Eli did not seem too impressed with his friends Tori, Leyvi and Alex, but I had a nice time. I didn't bring my camera, but I will post some pictures from Eli's first playdate when Stef e-mails them to me. When we left the Mishkins we went to run a couple of errands and then went home. Eli was very cranky so I got him to sleep in the swing (so much for my big naps in the crib plan, but I got a little bit lazy) and he slept for long enough for me to clean up the whole house yet again and even put away all of his 0-3 months clothes so that there would be room for the 3-6 months clothes that he is now wearing. I woke him at 3:15 and gave him a bottle and then we went to pick up Simon.
The kids were all outside when we got to school and it suddenly started to rain. Simon hadn't seen me yet, so I watched as he noticed it was raining and quickly put on his hood. Then he saw me and yelled "Mommy, it's raining. You need your hood!! Where is your hood??"
Andrew and Julian came over after school. The boys mostly played nicely and we got smart and turned on the tv while they ate dinner which made for a nice quiet dinner. They are all getting much better about saying "I don't like that" when one of them hits another instead of hitting back. Simon and Andrew set up the kitchen chairs like a train which is apparently something that they do at school a lot too. Julian took advantage of them playing in the kitchen and ran into the den to have all the toys to himself--smart kid.
David had a work dinner and then went to the Celtics game so I was not sure how the evening was going to go alone. Audra's husband was also not going to be home so she offered to stay and help out which was so nice of her. It worked out very well--we bathed Simon and Julian together and Eli had a bottle while they were in the tub. Simon and Julian were very cute together in the bath. They shared all the toys really nicely and I didn't have to shower Simon off at the end because Julian spent much of the time dumping water on Simon's head to wash out the shampoo. After the bath, Audra, Simon and Julian watched Thomas while I bathed Eli and then they left and Simon watched 2 more episodes of Thomas while I fed Eli and put him to bed. Both kids were in bed and asleep by 8:35!!
No comments:
Post a Comment