This morning David left for work really early again. I woke up at 7:30 and decided to go back to sleep for 5 more minutes and then wake up Simon. Next thing I knew, it was 8:15 and I only woke up because Simon's hand was in my face and he was saying "I hurt myself. Kiss it." He had gotten out of bed and come upstairs and I hadn't heard a thing. At least he didn't try and bring Eli (who was asleep in the swing) up with him. By the time we got to school it was already 9:00. I dropped Simon off and told him I'd be back in an hour for the Thanksgiving Feast that his class was having with the younger class. He didn't want to take off his backpack and he still had it on when I came back for the party. Apparently he kept it on all through gym-class. He wore it for the Thanksgiving party and he also wore the feather headdress that he made (he calls it a crown). Simon tasted a little bit of all the food--there was corn, green beans, carrots, corn bread, cake, cranberries, stuffing and squash. Everything but turkey since there's no meat allowed in school. The table was set for all the kids and they each had a placemat that they had made that had their picture on it. I was really impressed (and surprised) that each kid was able to find their own placemat. Here is a picture of Simon eating his Thanksgiving feast (note the backpack still on his back!):

When Eli and I got home after the party, he had a total temper tantrum because he missed his nap and I mistook his tired cry for his hungry cry and tried to force-feed him. This made him VERY mad, so finally I just put him in the crib and he slept for 2 hours.
After we picked up Simon from school, I was very happy to see David's car in the driveway when we got home since he hasn't been home for bedtime and bathtime all week. He and Simon just left to go take Charles and Jen to the airport and to pick up food from Rami's for dinner. Eli is dozing in his swing and I am enjoying the peace and quiet and starting to stress out about packing for the weekend. I hate packing just for myself and it's now 3 times as annoying because I have to pack for 3 people. David is on his own because once I packed for him and I forgot his underwear!!
Here are a few more pictures from this week:


No comments:
Post a Comment