Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Two Funny Stories

When writing about Thanksgiving, I forgot to mention that Simon drove a garbage truck! He and David were outside watching the garbage truck and a digger collect the big piles of leaves. Simon saw the garbage man and said to him "that is a nice truck." The garbage man asked him if he wanted to drive! He looked at David for approval and then said an emphatic yes. The garbage man put him on his lap and let him drive down the street. David said Simon looked shocked the entire time like he couldn't believe that he was actually in a garbage truck. It was Shabbos so he couldn't take a picture and the rest of us were eating lunch and missed the whole thing!
Here's my second funny story for the day: Simon, Eli and I went to return the license plates from David's old car to the insurance agent. There was a bowl of Hershey kisses on the table there, so Simon and I each had one and then he asked if he could have another. I said ok and asked him to take one for me too. He carried them both to the car and while I was getting him in his carseat, he said he was going to open mine for me. He worked very hard to get it open and then he put it in his mouth and started chewing. I asked him to open the other one for me and he looked at it and then said "no, that one is mine." So I said "ok, you can have them both." He looked confused for a second and then opened his mouth to spit out what was in it. I thought he was choking or something, so I put out my hand to catch it and I asked him if he was ok. He said "yes, that one (referring to the mush that he spit out in my hand) is yours. I sorry, I didn't mean to eat yours." So cute!!

No comments: