




I knew I shouldn't have written anything about Eli's good sleeping habits--last night he woke up at 1 AM after going to sleep at 10. David gave him a bottle and put him back to bed and he slept until 5:30. I guess that isn't terrible, but I was really hoping he had given up the 1 AM feeding. I'm not going to write anything about his sleeping anymore!!
When I picked Simon up at school, his teacher Dana told me that Simon knows all the letters. I impressed her further by telling her that he also knows a couple of Hebrew letters and that "shin is for Shimon!" She said they have little mats with letters on them that the kids sit on. She was handing them out and saying each letter as she gave them out. She was handing one to Simon and she said "here is an M for Simon" and he said "Dana, M is not for Simon. M is for Mommy."
Simon ate a pizza bagel in the car on the way to art class. It took us 35 minutes to get there (it should only take about 10) because of all the annoying construction on Beacon Street which makes it impossible to get anywhere. Simon announced that he finished his pizza bagel so I offered him the last bite of mine since I hadn't finished it yet. He said "no, that is yours. I finished mine already. Now you finish yours."
We had fun at art class--Simon painted a couple of pictures, made 2 beaded necklaces and played with clay. Then he helped make the chocolate chip cookies and sang lots of songs and played freeze dance. He had a minor meltdown when it was time to leave and he suddenly remembered that he didn't make a teddy-bear, which was the 4th activity in art class. He REALLY wanted to make one and was so sad, so Janet, one of the teachers, gave us all the parts to take home so he could make one here. Luckily he had forgotten all about it by the time we got home.
We played for a little while at home and then we went to Yaya's house for a Halloween Party/Goodbye party for Silvia and Hiroki whose last day there was today. It's interesting (and kind of sad) to see how Simon is already not part of the group there. Felix, Hiroki and Silvia were all really excited to see him and he was happy to see them too, but he went straight for his favorite bike and they were all playing with balls and he wasn't playing with them at all. He did give everyone hugs and kisses when we left.
When we got home, David's new car was here and David got home shortly after. Simon sat in the front seat of the car and I sat in the backseat with Eli and Simon said "I will drive you somewhere." He wasn't clear on where we were going though. We ate a quick dinner and then gave both boys baths--I can't wait until they can just take a bath together. After their baths, I put Eli in the crib so that I could get Simon into his pj's. Simon really wanted to look at the crib aquarium because I told him how much he liked it when he was a baby, so he lay down in the crib with Eli and I covered them with a blanket and they looked so cute! Simon wanted to sleep there, but David talked him out of it. Then David put Simon to bed and I put Eli to bed. Now I have to go put away all of my non-maternity clothes that I brought up from the basement and are neatly piled all over my bed. I'm sure I'm going to end up just putting them all on the floor and going to sleep, but maybe I'll at least put some of them away!
2 comments:
Hey! You guys are jet lagged too!!!
CUTEST BOYS EVER!!
Post a Comment