Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dancing Like a Princess

On Friday, we went to the park with Hillary and Andrew and Julia. Simon walked the entire way from here to Andrew's house and only then would he get in the stroller because Andrew was in his stroller. We had a great time at Griggs Park and all the kids played very well together. We ran into Kinh and Gordon and Henley which was really nice. I don't think Simon remembered them, but he was happy to play with them anyway. Once the kids were completely dirty and covered in sand, we went back up to Andrew's house for lunch. They didn't play as nicely there because Andrew kept beating up on Simon. Simon took it pretty well and was actually quite good at not hitting back but using his words and saying "I don't like that" instead. Unfortunately, Andrew didn't really care that Simon didn't like to be grabbed and he kept doing it anyway. When we left Simon told me that he had a good time so I guess he wasn't too bothered. When we got home I thought Simon would nap because he was tired from running around outside so much. He was very quiet in his room for about 45 minutes and then I heard him calling me. I went to see what was wrong and it was clear that he hadn't gone to sleep at all. He had a picture from his nightstand and some books in his bed and he was very busy. I asked him if he was going to go to sleep and he said to me in a very condescending tone "oh, you forgot...I need to go play." It was so cute that I let him get away with it.
The weekend was pretty uneventful. Yesterday Simon was dancing around the living room spinning around on one foot and he said "look at me Mommy, I am dancing like a princess!"
Eli was apparently having his 3 month growth spurt yesterday--he ate from 5pm until 9:30pm only taking a break long enough for a bath. This was not fun for me because he absolutely refused to take a bottle for any of that time. He was much better today and he even took a couple of bottles, not without argument though.
Today when Simon was in his bed for his nap, he was calling for me and saying "oh no my car is broken, Mommy, come see." I went to see and he showed me that one tail light was missing and he asked me why. I said maybe the car had an accident and he said "yeah, maybe it was driving too fast."

No comments: