This morning I didn't even see Simon because he was too busy to come upstairs and say goodbye to me. He stood at the bottom of the stairs and yelled up to me "bye, Em! I love you." And then he also yelled "bye Baby Brudder, I also love you" but Eli wasn't upstairs because he was asleep in the swing where David put him at 6:15. Poor guy was sleeping so peacefully but I had to wake him at 9 to go to a parent committee meeting at Simon's school. From there, I went with Hillary (Andrew's mom) to the Rugged Bear because she had 25% off that she could share. I bought Simon snow pants and boots and also a pair of nice gray pants. I almost bought him a blue blazer too but couldn't really justify the cost for something he'll hardly ever wear even with the 25% off.
Eli and I ran a bunch of errands and then he slept while I did some cooking for Shabbos and then we went to pick up Simon at 4.
When we got home, Simon saw David's old car in the driveway and he said "oh, look it's Dada's car. Where is Dada?" I said that he isn't home yet and Simon said "ok, I wait for him outside." I talked him out of that because I didn't think sitting outside for 2 hours was such a good idea, although it was so nice out. Instead we went inside and watched Thomas while I fed Eli. Then the boys hung out in the kitchen while I made dinner of which Simon ate approximately 2 bites and then said he was full.
Shortly after David got home, I remembered about Simon's boots so I showed them to him. He was very excited (he loves boots) and wanted to put them on right away. He was walking around the house saying "these are my boots. There is snow in my house. I'm walking in the snow in my house." Then he and David were racing up and down the hallway, and Eli wanted to play too:


Here's some cute video of Simon too:
No comments:
Post a Comment