Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Best Big Brother



Simon is on vacation from school this week and so we had a very relaxing day. Eli woke up around 6:30 (the only other time he woke up during the night was at 11:40pm until midnight. I hadn't gone to sleep yet, so I don't even really count that as waking up in the middle of the night) and he hadn't peed through! I'm not sure whether it was the double diaper that helped or the fact that he only had 3 ounces of his bottle before he went to sleep. I bought him size 3 diapers today and that's what he's wearing now so we'll see what happens tonight after he had 6 ounces before he went to sleep. Simon woke up a little after 8 and he was crying hysterically in his room. I wanted to put Eli down with some toys so that I could give Simon my full attention, but by the time I did that he was already out of his room looking for me still crying. I never did find out what was wrong with him but he cheered up as soon as he saw Eli and he started to play with him. Eli went for a nap around 9 and Simon and I vegged out and watched Thomas and Caillou for the next 3 hours while Eli slept.
After Eli woke up, I gave him a bottle and then we went out to get pizza for lunch. I love lunch dates with Simon because he is so cute when he sits at the table and eats his pizza and drinks blue powerade. There was a menorah made of out lights hanging on the window of the pizza place, but not all the lights were lit. Simon asked me why they weren't. I told him I didn't know and asked him what he thought. He said "it is too bright to light all the lights for the nine days of Chanukah." I'm not sure why he thinks there are nine days of Chanukah, but he also told the check-out person at Walgreens that Santa Claus came to his house so maybe he's more into Christmas than Chanukah.
While we were at Walgreens, Simon asked me if he could get a toy. I said ok because the toys are really cheap there, so he picked out a fire truck set. We were in the baby aisle buying diapers and Simon noticed the baby toys and he said "please can we also get a toy for Eli?" How nice is that?! He picked out a package of links for him and Eli absolutely loves them.
We came home and played with the new toys for a little bit and then we all took naps.
After dinner, I was looking through the pictures on my camera and deleting some of the old ones. Simon was looking over my shoulder and when he saw a picture of himself with Ian from when the Milsteins were here over the summer he asked "last night Baby Brudder turned into Ian?"
Here is some video of Simon showing off his knowledge of all (or most of) the Thomas trains. David went through the entire list with him and it was really impressive how he recognizes them.

No comments: