Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

We had a very low-key day. My attempt at double-diapering Eli to keep him from peeing through his pajamas didn't work, so he woke up around 2:15. David got up to change him and claims that he was up for a long time, but David has no concept of time in the middle of the night so I don't think he really was. I woke up at 3 and I'm pretty sure David was back in bed, so it couldn't have been that long. He didn't wake up again until 8 and Simon got up a little after that. David played with them and somehow kept them pretty quiet and I slept until 1 in the afternoon which was so nice! They had baked brownies and Simon really wanted to bring them to me so they woke me up and Simon and I ate some brownies.
Both kids went for naps around 2 and Eli slept until 4:30 and we woke up Simon around 5:30 and then we went to the Levines to say goodbye to Judah, Karen and Ayelet who are moving to Israel tomorrow. Shira, Dave and Elan and Yael and Jesse were there too. Simon and Elan had fun playing together as usual.
We came home around 7 and David gave Simon dinner while I gave Eli a bath and put him to bed. Shortly after Simon went to sleep, David went upstairs to bed too and I was cleaning up the kitchen. After a little while I heard David coming down the stairs and I went to the door of the kitchen to see what he was doing. He was coming downstairs carrying Simon. I was very confused because I thought Simon had been sleeping. Apparently Simon had left his room and went upstairs to find David all without me hearing anything. He just wanted some milk. I asked him if he had been calling for us and we didn't hear and he said "No. I just came out of my room very carefully and very quietly. I saw you and I was watching you." I asked him what I was doing and he said "you was washing the dishes." That was true, so I guess he really was standing and watching--I'm glad I didn't turn around or I'm sure he would have scared me half to death!

No comments: