Monday, December 04, 2006

Birthday Brunch

On Friday, Simon, Eli and I went to meet David at the tire store where he was dropping off his car to get its snow tires. Simon loved the tire store and made David show him all the different kinds of tires and he wanted to know all of their names. The tire store was a little bit farther away than David had led me to believe so we got home 2 minutes before Shabbos. We had a low-key dinner and then put the kids to bed and went to bed. Good thing we went to bed early because Eli has been waking up at 2am again. Very annoying.
On Saturday, Jill and Josh came in from New York. Simon was so excited to see them and he just wanted them to play with him all day. Yael and Jesse came for lunch too so Simon was happy to have lots of people paying attention to him. Simon was playing in the den with Jill and she told him that she wanted to take a nap. He said "no, this is Savti's room." So she asked where she should sleep and he said "with my Daddy." Then she asked where Mommy should sleep and he said "next to Daddy too." David liked this plan. Simon was so infatuated with Jill that he even asked for her to put him to bed. All was going well until she didn't sing the "bum bum bum" part of HaTikvah properly, so David had to take over.
This morning we said goodbye to Jill and Josh and we went to Shira and Dave's to have brunch with them, the Krams and the Sages to celebrate my birthday, Dov's birthday and Yael's birthday.
The kids all had fun playing together. It was really interesting to see how different the girls and boys are. Simon and Elan were shrieking and making lots of noise and Isabella and Abby were playing so nicely and quietly. We did get a picture of all of them together...Simon is crying because Elan took his car, Isabella is trying to decide whether to intervene in their fight, Abby is seriously contemplating Eli's shoes and Jessica is laughing as she imagines what it would be like if all 5 of these kids were hers!

Here are a few more pictures from this morning:




























After brunch, David and Eli went home to watch the Bears game with Charles. Simon and I went downtown to see Ducky and Papu's new apartment. It's very nice and Simon liked it, but kept asking "where is the playroom??" He was happy to see the big box of trucks and he played for a while. On the way home I asked him if he liked their new house and he said "where is it?" I told him that we just saw it and he said "oh, I like it." Here are some pictures taken on their gigantic terrace including a picture of their view--it's so nice that I think they should live their permanently and let us live in their house when it's done.
When we got home, I put Simon in for a nap and then I went to Toys R Us to buy chanukah presents. When I got home, Eli was up from his nap and Simon woke up shortly after and then David left to go to his office for a little while. Simon played really nicely on the floor with Eli for a little while. Eli was cracking up at everything that Simon did which made Simon very happy. I didn't get any pictures of course, but I did get this funny one:

No comments: