

We got home from the airport literally just as Shabbos was starting. We had some quality family time for a little while and then we went to Charles and Jen's for dinner. Simon and Eli both fell asleep during the 10 minute walk over and they stayed asleep for about an hour and a half fully dressed in their coats, hats, gloves, etc and all bundled up in the stroller. We woke Simon up so that he could eat dinner and he was not very happy at first, but then he got into a better mood and had fun pretending to ride Chucky's bike and playing with all the keys and other various things that were in a little dish on a table. I thought I had put all the keys back before we left, but the next day when we went to Kara and Dan's for lunch and I was folding up the stroller outside their apartment, Charles' car keys fell out of the stroller--oops! The boys fell asleep on the way home from lunch too-it was already 5:00-and again slept for an hour and a half with all their winter gear on. I used that time to clean up the house and unpack and then woke them up so that they could eat dinner and have baths and go to bed. Of course it was already after 9 by the time all of that happened. David was putting Simon to bed, but then I had to go in to sing him Camp Granada since David didn't know the words. I was singing it and when I got to the part that goes "don't leave me in the forest where I might get eaten by a bear," Simon interrupted me to say "I ate a bear." I said "you did?" And he said "yeah, at my house, I ate a bear. A red one." Then he paused and said with a laugh "A gummy bear!"
This morning we went to a Chanukah party at the JCC. I went early to help set up and then David brought the boys a little later. Simon was very happy to be reunited with Andrew and Julian. There was a woman singing songs with the kids and she was singing to the tune of Do You Know the Muffin Man things like Do You Know the Latke Man and the Menorah Man and the Dreidel Man. Then she asked if there was any other Chanukah-related thing that anyone could think of. With a little prompting from David, Simon yelled "PRESENTS!"
This afternoon, Uncle Andy and Maeve came to visit and to meet Eli for the first time. It was great to see them and Simon thought it was funny that Uncle Andy is Papu's big brudder just like he is Eli's big brudder.
No comments:
Post a Comment