



I'm not usually one to want vacation to be over, but I think Simon and I are both looking forward to his return to school next week. I really didn't schedule enough playdates or make enough plans for us and he has been really bored and therefore bouncing off the walls and making me crazy. Wednesday was particularly bad because we did nothing except for go to Babies R Us and then Simon didn't even nap in the afternoon. He was in his room and I thought he had gone to sleep, but then I was cleaning up the den and I suddenly heard him laughing hysterically. It didn't sound like it was coming from his room so I went to investigate. I found him in the living room playing with the computer and finding it very funny. David taught him how to use the touchpad mouse and he thinks it is the funniest thing in the world to make the arrow move around the screen. I guess I shouldn't leave the computer out on the couch anymore or it will definitely end up broken one of these days.
Yesterday morning we were out of the house by 9am and we went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. Simon ordered a double chocolate donut and then he looked at me and said "and what will we get for Daddy?" (he now calls David either Daddy or Dad or sometimes Abba, but he is pretty much done with Dada). I said that Daddy isn't going to be at Dunkin Donuts because he is at work. Simon wanted to get him something and hold it for him until he came home. I talked him out of it. Simon was looking at one of the napkins and he pointed to the words and said "this says Dun-Kin Do-Nuts" very slowly as if he was actually reading it and sounding it out.
When we were done with breakfast, we went to get the car washed. Simon was amazed by the whole thing and when it was over he said "I didn't like that car wash. It was too scary." He didn't seem at all scared during it so I'm not sure why he said that. From the car wash we went to Henry Bear's Park to meet up with Jess, Isabella and Abby. Henry Bear's Park doesn't have as good of a play space as Magic Beans, but Magic Beans converted their play space into a gift-wrapping station and we weren't sure when they were converting it back. Simon and Abby had fun playing with the trains and they got along pretty well. We all went to Rubins for lunch where everyone was fairly well behaved and I had my favorite roast beef sandwich with asparagus, tarragon mayo and ketchup. After lunch we came home and played for a little bit and then we all took naps.
When David got home he took Simon to the grocery store and Simon was very excited when he got home because David had let him pick out some ice cream and he chose those drumstick cones with the vanilla ice cream and nuts on top. He had one after dinner and he asked David to "please take off the dirt from on it" referring to the nuts.
Eli was in bed around 7:30, but Simon was up until after 9 so this morning Eli woke up at 6:30 and Simon slept until 8:45. Too bad they aren't better coordinated. Eli went for a nap at 9 and Simon and I lay in bed and watched tv until 11. Then we played a little bit until Eli woke up at 11:45 and had a bottle. After Eli's bottle we went to the children's gym at the JCC so that Simon could run around. I don't know why we don't go there more often--Simon had a great time and Eli had fun watching him. We played for about 45 minutes and then we had lunch at the cafe there and then we watched the people swimming in the pool for a few minutes and then we came home. As we were turning onto our street, we saw David coming home too which was a nice surprise. David put Simon in for his nap while I was finished up cooking for Shabbos and clearly he has fallen asleep with Simon because he never came out and it is very quiet in Simon's room.
No comments:
Post a Comment