Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Not-So-Sunny Florida

This morning I woke up Simon a little before 6am by going into his room and saying quietly "who wants to go to Florida?" He jumped up and shouted "ME!" Then he immediately said he wanted gummy candies. I said no because it was too early. So he said he wanted to pee on the potty (we've been giving him gummy bears for trying to use the toilet--no success so far, but at least he's willing to go near it). He stood at the toilet for a few seconds and I asked him if anything was coming out. He said "no. Actually, I just want my gummy bears." David dropped Simon, Eli and me off at the airport where we met up with Ducky for our flight to Florida. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would fly by myself to Florida over Christmas with the boys. I'm really glad that I'm not doing that because I don't see how logistically it is possible to get through security and on to and off of the plane alone with both kids. I guess I will find out next Friday when I fly to NY with them alone! Simon was very good on the plane and kept himself occupied with various toys and books and then watching some cartoons with no sound because he didn't want to wear the headphones. Eli was also pretty good--he cried for a little while when he was trying to fall asleep and then he slept for about an hour and a half. Simon was excited to see Savti and Zaidie Bear and all the fun things at their house. By far the best thing that is here is an electric Thomas train set. Simon basically played with it all day--it was unfortunately raining and yucky out so we couldn't go swimming or even play outside, so at least he had something exciting to do inside. I tried to get him to nap, but he is sleeping in the room with all the toys. He went very willingly which should have made me suspicious and sure enough an hour later I heard him calling for me and when I went in, his whole bed was full of toys. He said "I couldn't get to sleep." I asked him if maybe that was because his bed was full of toys and he said "maybe." He then said that he did sleep for a little bit, so who knows. He was in a good enough mood anyway. Eli took a 2 hour nap and woke up very happy and had a great time watching Simon drive the Thomas train in circles. I bathed both kids and got them to bed in record time--Eli was out by 7:30 and Simon by 8. I forgot to bring the connector cable to plug the camera into the computer, so I will post pictures when I get home.

No comments: