Monday, December 11, 2006

Pictures from Florida










The rest of our trip to Florida was fun. We spent the day on Wednesday in Boca with Granny and Grandpa. Eli impressed them with his charming personality and Simon had the best time driving Granny's scooter with Ducky:

At one point, Simon was pretending that he was putting me to sleep (Eli was up for most of the night before so it would have been nice if Simon had actually put me in for a nap!) and I asked him for a song. He said no, so I said please. He said "that was very good asking...but no." He hears that from me a lot because he seems to think that if he says please he can have whatever he wants even if it is totally unreasonable.
On Thursday we went to visit Grandma Judy. She let Simon play with her silver hot water urn (there was no water in it obviously) and she gave him lots of candy. Simon was looking at pictures from my wedding and he pointed to a picture of Grandma Judy and said "look, it's a Grandma Judy. Just like the Grandma Judy that is sitting over there." I showed him a picture of Savti and asked who it was. He didn't recognize her because her hair looked different, so I told him that it was Savti and he brought the picture over to show her and he said "Savti, this is you and you look different." When we got home from Grandma Judy's, Eli took a nap and Simon and I went swimming. The water was pretty cold in the big pool and very warm in the hot tub, so we kept switching back and forth and every time we got in the cold pool, Simon would sort of wriggle and shriek in a very cute way.
On Friday, it was time to come back to the cold...Eli was an angel on the plane and fell asleep before take-off and woke up after we landed. Simon was very well behaved as well and watched Dora and Blues Clues. He didn't get it that only he could hear through the headphones and not me because he kept asking me questions about what people were saying on the tv and I had no idea what he was talking about.

No comments: