
Yesterday afternoon my friend Jodi and her son Jared who is 9 months old came over to play. We met them in music class and they are lots of fun. Simon didn't care that Jared is so little because that meant that he wasn't all that interested in Simon's toys. When I told Simon that they were coming over he said "big Jared or little Jared?" I have no idea who big Jared might be because as far as I know Simon doesn't know anyone else named Jared.
Later, when Simon was playing with his trains, he let Eli have some of the track and the signal to hold. Since Eli is not so adept at using his hands yet, Simon pries his fingers open and then closes them around whatever he wants him to hold. He actually does it fairly gently and talks to Eli very nicely as he doing it, explaining what he is doing--"you have to hold this Baby Brudder because you NEED to."
Today, Eli and I and went to the gym. We have membership at the JCC in Newton that is included in Simon's tuition even though his school is in a different location. It's a little bit of a pain because it takes 15-20 minutes to get there, but they just re-did the whole thing and there are nice treadmills and ellipticals and each has its own tv so it's just as good as Healthworks, with the exception of the locker rooms. We only stayed for 1/2 an hour, but Eli did fine in the babysitting room so hopefully we will go more often.
After school Andrew and Julian came over for the weekly playdate which should probably be called the weekly chaos. I don't know why they like to play together since each of them ends up crying and getting hit or punched or pinched numerous times. Interestingly, Andrew took a toy from Simon and Simon got really mad but instead of taking it out on Andrew, he came over to where I was sitting with Eli and he hit Eli. It wasn't very hard and Eli didn't care because he is just so happy whenever Simon pays any attention to him even if it's to do something mean to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment