Friday, December 22, 2006

The City that Mack and Ethan Built



This week, my cousins Mack and Ethan (and my aunt and uncle Lynne and Barry) are here from California. We hardly ever get to see them, so it's been really nice to spend some time with them. On Tuesday, Mack and Ethan-they are 14 and 11-spent the day with us. While Simon was at school, they built him an amazing city out of all of his wooden tracks and legos. I took some pictures that I will post later because the camera is charging right now. When Simon got home from school, he was very excited about the city and played with it for a long time. Then we all ate lunch and then Simon and Eli both napped from 2:30 until 5:30 which pretty much killed the rest of the day so we didn't get to do anything fun with our cousins. They were good sports and watched lots of tv.
Yesterday morning I met with my boss and it looks like I will be going back to work part-time in January. Eli will be going to Yaya's house and Simon will stay at school until 6 on the days that I work. I think I might be doing it just because I want Eli to be able to go to Yaya's house! After my meeting, I drove Mack and Ethan back to the hotel and had breakfast with them and Lynne, Barry and Barry's brother Bruce. Then I took Eli to visit my mom. The doorman/valet-parking guy acted like he was my best friend when I pulled up but then he asked me where I was going so apparently we aren't that close. I think I need a doorman/valet-parking guy at my house. Eli had a fun visit with Ducky and I will post pictures should Ducky decide to send them to me (hint hint).
Today Eli and I ran a million errands while Simon was at school, including driving downtown to bring David his wallet that he left at home and then getting totally lost on the way home and ending up in Medford. Stupid Big Dig--they have changed all the streets since I stopped working downtown in August! The big news about Eli is that 2 of his 4 bottles per day are now 8-ounces instead of 6. He drinks it all, but he seems to spit up more often when he has 8 ounces, so maybe it is a little bit too much for him.
Simon came home from school with a sticker on his shirt. I told him I liked his sticker and he said "it's a shooting star and it is for Baby Brudder." Then he took it off of his shirt and stuck it on Eli's shirt.
Simon lit his very own menorah tonight--he really did it all by himself which was probably a very dangerous fire hazard but he looked so cute and grown up and he did a very good job.
Alright, that is the update for now...tomorrow we are going to Lake George with the Kareshes and we will finally get to meet Eli's future wife Emma!

No comments: