Sunday, December 14, 2008

Camp Natur




We spent Shabbat up in the Golan with Mic, Ayla, Shalem and Amitz on their moshav, Natur. It's just like camp only more fun (way more fun, actually, because I never liked camp).
We picked up the kids from gan and headed up north right away. Simon had asked us to bring his computer in the car. He has a little computer that Mama got him that plays word games and music. Of course as soon as Eli saw what Simon had he started yelling "Eli computer...Eli computer!!" That lasted for about 20 minutes until I think Simon got so sick of the yelling that he just gave it to Eli. Eli kept closing it and then saying "Mommy, I can't" meaning I had to keep turning around to open it for him. This is not a fun activity on a winding road car trip and it made me very nauseous.
As we got farther north, David told Simon that soon we would see the Kinneret. Simon said "there are 2 big pipes under the Kinneret that take the water out so that we can drink it in Ra'anana." I knew he had been learning about water and where it comes from in gan but this was the first he actually shared anything that he'd learned without being prompted and forced to talk about stuff. The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with him and his ability to learn something completely in Hebrew, understand it and then talk about it in English. I couldn't think of the word for pipe in Hebrew and I asked Simon what it was and he didn't even have to think at all before he answered "tzinor."
It's a really beautiful drive up to Natur and I wish I hadn't been so carsick so that I would have taken some pictures!
Simon and Shalem were so excited to see each other and they immediately started playing together and we barely saw them the entire time. The only times they required any adult intervention was when Eli or Amitz tried to "play" with them which generally meant hit them or steal their toys. Unfortunately Eli and Amitz do not get along as well as their older brothers do but hopefully that will change!
We tried very hard to get a good picture of the 4 kids and we started out with some difficulty:














But finally, we actually got success:

No comments: