I've been asking Frieda whether she thinks Eli understands any Hebrew and she said she's not sure. He participates in everything, but she thinks he probably gets most things from context and not necessarily from the Hebrew words. However, we discovered on Friday that he is most definitely getting something.
First, I was eating a pear and Eli wanted it. So he said to me "Eli eat it tapuach!" Tapuach is apple in Hebrew, but I think he thought I was eating an apple.
Then, when the boys were in the tub, David yelled for me to come quick! That is usually not a good sign, but this time it was to hear Eli counting very clearly in hebrew "echad, shtayim, shalosh, arba, chamesh!" Simon finished it off with "shesh, sheva, shmoneh, tesha, esser" but we already knew he could do that.
One other cute story unrelated to Eli and his Hebrew: David built something out of these lego-like things that Simon has and he said to Simon "this is a satellite. This part speaks to Jupiter and this part speaks to Venus, the planets we saw the other night." Simon's response: "ok, but which part speaks to our GPS??"
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment