My kids really know how to play me. And I let them. But it was for the sake of candy, so I suppose it was worth it. My plan was to pick up Eli and then drive home and park the car and then walk to get Simon and then stop at the supermarket on the way home to just get a couple of things since we had absolutely nothing in the house for me to give the kids for lunch. Of course there was no where to park on our street (and we can't park in our parking spot in the driveway because of the stupid scaffolding) so I had to drive to pick up Simon and once we were in the car I figured we might as well go to the bigger supermarket and get more than just a couple of things.
First we stopped for gas (which is WAY cheaper than it's been the entire time we've been here. It's down to 5.13 shekels per liter...I have no clue what that means because I don't know how much a liter is, but it used to cost me 395 shekels to fill up with gas and now it costs me 275. That is still around $70 and I drive a little Subaru, but better $70 than $100) and the guy pumping the gas asked me, in Hebrew, if I wanted to buy a dreidel for 10 shekels. I said no and then Simon said "what did he ask you?" Here's where I tried to trick Simon and I said I didn't know. But of course Simon had heard him and knew exactly what he asked. I'm not sure I like that Simon speaks Hebrew. It also makes it very hard for David and me to talk about things without him understanding. Sometimes we forget and will say something in Hebrew and then Simon will join in the conversation. Anyway, we didn't buy the dreidel.
We finally made it to the supermarket and Simon and Eli saw these cups with straws that were full of candy and they each really really wanted one. I said I would get them if they both promised to be really good boys and listen to me for the rest of the day. They both looked at me very seriously and said yes. That's when I got played. They flat out lied to get candy and I let them! Their "being good" lasted just until we got home. Then Simon wanted to play Wii with Eli but Eli doesn't know how to play so Simon said he was going to teach him. From the other room, before I went to intervene, I heard this:
Simon: ok, Eli, here is your remote. I will be player 1 and you will be player 2.
Eli: Eli player 2.
Simon: right [sound of him pressing buttons]. Ok, now you press A and B together
Eli: [sound of pressing buttons]
Simon: ELI...I said A and B TOGETHER
Eli: Eli press it A
Simon: YOU HAVE TO PRESS THEM BOTH
[sounds of a scuffle and lots of screaming. then a thud and Eli crying]
Me: what happened?
Simon: Eli tried to hurt me first
That is Simon's standard answer when we don't see the fight and the end result is Eli crying.
They had another fight a little later and I sent them each to his own room and then I went to talk to each of them to ask what happened.
Eli said "Simon did this" and then he pushed me really hard! Simon said "Eli tried to hurt me first."
I tried to get Eli to take a nap but was not successful which is becoming a pattern that I do not like. I don't think he is old enough to drop his nap. He stayed in his crib for about half an hour talking to himself before he yelled "Mommy...Eli waked up!"
It's been a long day and I think I need to go to sleep!!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment