Today was Simon's party at his gan, so this morning he got out of school at 11am. I picked him up and we went straight to the park with Chaim and met Boaz and Oren with their mothers. They got out early too because they also had their party tonight. The boys had fun although at one point they all had a big fight that resulted in many different versions of "you're not my friend anymore." They all made up and forgot about it pretty quickly.
After we picked up Eli and came home and had lunch, Simon went to Ari's house to play. I probably should have had him stay home and rest before his party, but I knew he wouldn't actually nap and I figured he might as well go do something fun. To my delight, Eli actually took a nap so I had a couple of hours of peace and quiet during which I should have cooked for Shabbos but didn't.
Eli and I picked up Simon around 5 and came home to have something to eat before the party. In the car, Simon said that he was very cold and he looked like he was shivering. Then when we got home he said he was too tired to walk and he wanted to drive to the party (even though it's a 6 minute walk to his gan). I thought he'd feel better after eating, but he only ate a few bites of schnitzel and then said he was done. I didn't really think anything of any of this until I was helping him get changed for the party when I realized that he was burning up!! I took his temperature and it was 101.2!! I gave him tylenol and hoped for the best.
I did give him the option to stay home but he really didn't want to miss the party so off we went. The tylenol must have kicked in shortly after the party started because he perked up and was fine and had a great time. He participated in all the singing and dancing and I tried to get good pictures and video but I didn't always have the best view. I will put the videos in a separate post.
Simon and his friend David (the one with 2 daleds and a vuv in his name):
This is Simon the Maccabi:
This is Simon with one of his teachers, Sara:
This is Irit (Chaim's mother) and me during the part of the party where all the mothers had to do a dance:
No comments:
Post a Comment