So, on Sunday we had Ari over. Ari is Simon's friend from Gan Frieda who now goes somewhere else. His house was the home of Super Star Boy Camp over the summer. Ari came over around 2:30, right after I had put Eli in for a nap. Perfect timing. Simon and Ari played very nicely--mostly Wii bowling--and left me alone for the most part. I like that kind of playdate!
Monday's playdate had potential for disaster. Tali was away on a field trip with her class, so the plan was that I would pick up Uri with Eli and then Sharon would pick up Boaz from his gan and drop him off with us and then Arjon would pick them up a couple of hours later. Uri took one look at me and burst into tears and didn't want to come with me at all. I had to just pick him up and put him in the car so that we could go get Simon. He kept crying "Ima...Ima..." and Eli kept saying to him "ok Uri...soon Ima, soon...no crying." It was very sweet. By the time we got to Simon's gan, Uri was totally fine and he and Eli were having a whole long conversation about the car windows. I didn't want to get both kids out of the car to
On Tuesday, Shaya finally did get to come over. It was a nice afternoon for everyone. Eli napped, Simon and Shaya played really well together and I did some laundry and enjoyed the peace and quiet. After Shaya left, Simon and I woke up Eli and then went to Playball. Eli and Uri had their own little Playball class on the side with tennis balls that was very cute.
This morning I had big plans to get our whole apartment sparkling clean since it had been such a mess, but then I discovered that my cell phone had a dead battery and wouldn't charge. It's had a problem for a while now, but I've been able to get it to charge by attaching the cord with a rubber band to hold it in place, but that trick wasn't working anymore. So I had to go to the Cellcom store in Herzliya and there went my entire morning. First I had to wait in line for a while and then I had to explain the problem and then they took my phone to fix it and told me to come back in an hour and a half. I wandered around the mall that has pretty much all the same stores as the mall in Ra'anana and thought about buying Chanukah presents for the kids but didn't actually buy any. Then I had to go back and wait more for my phone which apparently they couldn't fix because they just gave me a new phone. Sadly, I lost all the pictures that I had taken on my phone and never bothered to transfer to the computer. Oh well.
I got back just in time to pick up Eli. He and I stopped to pick up some borekas for lunch and then we picked up Simon and met Tali, Boaz, Uri, Sharon and Oren in the park. We had such a nice afternoon. The 3 big kids had a blast together and spent most of the time going down the slide in a train, taking turns with being first. Eli and Uri ran around a lot and then were on the big swing together and I overheard this:
Uri: you are a pee-pee
Eli: no Eli pee-pee...Uri pee-pee!
Uri: no...Eli pee-pee
Eli: no way!
Then they both burst out laughing hysterically.
When David got home from work, we met him outside so that we could show the boys Jupiter and Venus which had been visible near the moon for the past couple of days. For some reason, we couldn't see them from our street (but I did get a cool picture of the moon), so David took them on a field trip to his office for a few minutes. They were very excited to be out in their pajamas!
Also, it might be hard to get the full effect of this because I took the picture at night, but here is our building covered in scaffolding. The view out of our big sliding glass doors to our porch is now of scaffolding on our porch and the backside of that big sign on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment