Ducky and Papu's Chanuka visit flew by so quickly that I didn't even have any time to update the blog. I will try to remember all the highlights to recap.
I decided to take the boys to the airport to surprise Ducky and Papu since they were being picked up. We made welcome signs and got there early to make sure we didn't miss them. It worked out perfectly and they were very surprised to see us! We followed them back to their hotel and David met us there for candle-lighting and dinner. We had a rowdy dinner in the Hilton lobby restaurant--Simon broke a plate and Papu spilled a glass of red wine. Better than last time when Eli threw up everywhere. Despite all the ruckus, we had a very nice dinner and the boys stayed up very late on their first night of vacation.
The late night was a good thing for Eli because he then slept until almost 11am! Simon and I had a quiet morning while Eli was sleeping. Eventually he got up and Ducky and Papu came over. My parents brought the winter with them from Boston and as soon as they arrived our beautiful weather turned cold, cloudy and rainy. It couldn't have waited just one more week!! Since it wasn't actually raining in the afternoon, my mom and I took the kids to the parrot farm in Kfar Hess, about 20 minutes north of Ra'anana. We were the only people there and the place was kind of odd, but it was fun. The kids liked seeing the birds but then had the most fun running and jumping (or diving headfirst as Eli liked to do) into a big pile of sand.
Later on, we took Simon to Playball and then since we couldn't get a babysitter we ordered in dinner from Borochov 88.
Wednesday was a very rainy and gross day. Simon was playing Wii bowling with Papu when I asked him whether he'd want to go real bowling. His eyes lit up and he said "yes! right now!" and he ran off to get his shoes. We headed out to the mall and got very lucky finding parking spot right by the door to the bowling alley. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a lane, so Papu and the boys played some pool while we waited and then we bowled. Simon LOVED it even though even the lightest ball was a bit heavy for him and he isn't as good at real bowling as he is at Wii bowling. Eli didn't enjoy it as much, but he was an awfully good sport about the whole thing. Our other rainy day activity was baking and decorating sugar cookies. That was a stroke of genius on my part and I will be repeating that activity on future rainy days. The cookies were very yummy!
Wednesday night, Natan came to babysit and we went to Bistro 56 for dinner. That might be my favorite of all the meat restaurants that we've been to. Sadly, we were all too full for dessert and I'm still wishing I had had room for the chocolate nougatine thing that is so delicious.
I can't stay awake anymore, so this will be continued!
No comments:
Post a Comment