Simon doesn't always say no anymore when he doesn't want to do something. Instead he says "I don't like it" and he pronounces each word very carefully and changes the emphasis depending on how much he doesn't like whatever it is he should be doing.
Simon greeted me at the gate at Yaya's house holding a soccer ball and saying "I playing ba-ket ball. You want play too, Mommy?" We played catch for a little while and then Pam made him tell me about how he got in trouble this morning for biting Francesca. Then Felix piped in with "then Cesca bit me!" Apparently it was a chain reaction. Simon said goodbye to Pam and to Bwa-bawa and their mom who was visiting and who all the kids now call Grandma. Before we left, he said "I want live Yaya house." I asked him who he wants to live there with and he said Pam and Yaya. I think he will be happy to see Yaya when she gets back from Ireland tomorrow.
We went to Walgreens to pick up some pictures that I had ordered and Simon pointed out all of the things that he wanted, but then didn't really care when we didn't get any of them. We looked at the pictures in the car and he was very surprised to see that they were of "Simon, Dada, Mommy!" and "Simon playing" and "Simon again" and "Simon in towel. Simon teeth green." His teeth aren't really green--the picture is black and white and it looks slightly greenish.
We got home and made meatballs for dinner and then David got home and we ate dinner and David gave Simon a bath and I put him to bed. We read his Cubs alphabet book and he pointed out all of the letters that he knows with his favorite being "S Simon." He also sang pretty much all of Take Me Out to the Ballgame without any prompting. My favorite part is when he sings "for it's 1-2-3-4-5 you're out" and the way he says "crackerjacks" is also really cute. Maybe one day we will get it all on video.
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment