





Simon's baby brudder arrived at 12:30am on Thursday, August 17. I guess he heard that I was going to be induced on Thursday and he decided he wanted to make his appearance a little bit earlier so my water broke at 10:30am on Wednesday. When I called David to tell him that, the first thing he said to me was "did anything get on the carpet?" It didn't, but the whole thing was pretty gross. The baby weighed 8lbs 7oz, which was a relief since the ultrasound that I had on Tuesday estimated that he would be 9lbs 4 oz!
Simon has been great with his baby brudder-he loves to hold him and talk to him and touch his face and sometimes squeeze him just a little too hard. The first thing he says when he wakes up in the morning is "where is baby brudder?" I think he's asking because he really wants to see him and not because he's hoping that I'll say that he doesn't live here anymore.
In the hospital on Friday, Simon and I had the following conversation as I was feeding the baby:
Simon (holding a cookie): what is baby brudder doing?
me: he's eating
Simon (looking a bit confused): he's eating your boobie?!
me: yes, that's how he eats
Simon (still a little bit bewildered): baby brudder, do you want a bite of mine cookie?
It was hilarious.
Baby is waking up so I have to go...I will get back on track with updating the blog more regularly soon I hope!
3 comments:
Mazal tov! He's so cute! Em, I think he looks like you! Love the simon story - Bari is famous for telling total strangers that her baby eats mommy's boobies. Lovely.
Enjoy them!
Stef (Matt, Bari and Hailey too)
Mazel Tov! I think you guys should seriously consider making his name officially Baby Brudder at the bris. We are all so used to it and Simon thinks it's his name anyhow! Hope your feeling well and good luck on the sleep thing!
OK, that Simon story is awesome. I think Ella's reaction when I feed the twins will be, "DAT IS MY MOMMY! STOP EATING MY MOMMY!"
Can't wait to meet baby brudder in person.
Post a Comment