Friday, August 11, 2006

Drama Queen (I mean King)

Yesterday, I arrived to pick up Simon just as he was falling off a bike and scraping his knee pretty badly. He was crying, but turned out he was mostly crying because as soon as he fell off the bike and was clearly not getting right back on, Josh snuck in and took it! Simon ended up just getting a different one and was fine with that. He was totally fine running around and having fun until we left. He refused a band-aid, of course, and was not happy when I told him that when we got home we were going to have to wash off his boo-boo and maybe put a band-aid on it. When we got home and got out of the car, Simon refused to bend his knee and said "hard for me to walk 'cuz my boo-boo hurts so much." I offered to pick him up, but he said "no, I just walk slowly." He was holding his tennis racket that he had left in the car and he used it as a cane to walk very slowly up the driveway because of course we had to walk all the way to the front door. It was amusing to me to watch him walk up the steps without bending his knee. He told me that he needed a popsicle because of his boo-boo, so I gave him one and also a bowl of cereal for dinner. As soon as I gave him the cereal, he said "but where is blue milk??" I added some food coloring and he ate it all up. I wonder how long this blue-food kick will last.
When David got home, Simon immediately said "look at mine big boo-boo." David came to see and Simon put his finger up close to David's face and said very sternly "don't touch it!" The whole night, anytime he had to walk anywhere, he refused to bend his knee and said "OW, mine boo-boo is hurting." He was still doing it this morning whenever he remembered.
He woke up at 6:45 this morning calling for me, so I went to get him and brought him upstairs where he lay very quietly and still for 1/2 an hour. I thought he had fallen back to sleep, but no such luck. He didn't have any major tantrums though, but he did insist on wearing a sweatshirt over his t-shirt. At least it is kind of chilly out, so I guess that was somewhat reasonable.

No comments: