Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Party at Yaya's

This morning Simon and I were playing with race cars in the den before going to Yaya's house. I had to go to the bathroom, so I told him I'd be right back. As I was leaving the room, I heard him say to BrrrBrrr, "you want to play race cars with me, BrrrBrrrr?" and then "here, you sit on mine lap, we play race cars." Once we finally made it out the door, Simon suddenly remembered that he forgot his backpack (or packpack as he likes to say) so we had to go back and get it. He was the first kid there and he said to Yaya "where did everybody go?" Then Jasmine got there and he shared his dinosaurs with her.
This afternoon there was a party at Yaya's to say goodbye to Josh and Alisa who are moving to Florida next week and Jasmin who is leaving on Wednesday. Simon asked me to sit next to him at the little tiny picnic bench--luckily I didn't break it. Some of the kids had taken off their shoes and were running around, so Simon came over to me and asked me to take off his shoes. I wanted to leave in a few minutes, so I told him no. He ran away from me and ran to his friends, sat down in the middle of them running around and yelled "please take off my shoes." Felix and Josh came to his rescue and they each took off one of his shoes.
When we got home, as soon as we got out of the car and started walking up the driveway, Simon started to cry and said that he couldn't walk because his tush hurt. I carried him inside and said a bath would make his tush feel better. He said "no, I need a popsicle." I gave him one, but he took one lick and then didn't want it anymore. He had a nice bath and then I let him stay without a diaper for a while to air out his tush which was still hurting him. I guess I let him go too long without it because I was in the living room for a minute and he was in his room and then he ran to get me and pointed to where it was all wet on the floor in his room. I asked him if he peed and he said no, but then he said yes when he saw that I wasn't mad.
We read books and sang songs for a while and he kept saying that he didn't want to put his tush down because it hurt. I told him he should sleep on his tummy when he went to bed, so when he got into bed, he lay down with his butt sticking up in the air saying "I sleep like this, Mommy?" Hopefully he will feel better in the morning.

No comments: