I guess Simon's way of acting up after the birth of his brother is to refuse to go to sleep at night. I suppose this is better than him trying to hurt Eli, but it is annoying. On Tuesday, I brought Eli to Yaya's house for the goodbye party for Simon and Elana and the birthday party for Charlotte. All of the kids loved seeing the baby and Simon kept saying "that's MY baby brudder." All of the bigger kids were running all over the place and being very wild and Simon said to me "my friends are crazy!" and then he ran right along with them. We didn't get home until after 7 and by the time Simon had a bath and was ready for bed it was already 8:30. He had chosen to watch Thomas instead of reading books, so when we went into his room, we just sang songs. He was fine with that and even agreed to get into bed when I said it was time. But then just as I was leaving the room he started to cry and say "I need Mommy." So I went back and picked him up and sang HaTikvah one more time which is usually all it takes. But he refused to get into bed. He said "I can't go in my bed." I asked why and he said "it's too hard, it hurts my knees." So I told him to lie on his back and he said "my tush hurts too." I had to rock him for a very long time until he was practically asleep and then I put him in bed. Last night, he did the same thing and there was lots of crying and asking me to stay and then asking for
David and then me again. I told him I would sit on his bed for a few minutes if he lay down and tried to sleep. He said ok and every 5 seconds said "Mommy are you still there?" I ended up having to rock him again and then he finally went to bed when I asked him if he wanted to play with Murdoch and Gordon in his bed. It was well after 9 by then. This morning David had to leave early so I was on my own with both kids. Simon slept late, but by 8:15 I wanted to wake him because I didn't want him to miss breakfast at Yaya's house. I left Eli in the bassinet and went to get Simon. Simon was sound asleep with his blue blanket wrapped around his head. I lay down next to him and he woke up a few minutes later. Eli was crying so I went to get him and the 3 of us played with trains in Simon's bed for a few minutes. Simon shared very nicely with him and also held him for a little while and gave him lots of kisses. Luckily Eli cooperated and lay nicely in the crib watching the crib aquarium for long enough for me to get Simon dressed. Then we brought Eli upstairs to Susan's who had offered to watch him so that I could take Simon to daycare.
Simon was happy to get to Yaya's house and see his friends and eat a bagel and a pear for breakfast. Apparently yesterday he had a total fit when David dropped him off. I guess he was thinking about it all day because the first thing he said to David when he picked him up was "I sorry I cry when you go to work." Tomorrow is his last day at Yaya's house:( He starts big boy school next week--he said he wants to go and hopefully he will like it!
Brace Face
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment