




Yesterday, Simon had a fun day with his cousins Emme, Mia and Joshua. Emme and Mia stayed with us while everyone else went to a wedding in Chicago. David took care of all the kids in the morning while I got to sleep a little bit more. Once we were all ready, we went to Ducky and Papu's house to play with Joshua too. Everyone had a fun time and pizza for lunch. Then we went home and while Simon was napping, David took the girls to Magic Beans to buy some birthday presents and then when they got back, he took Simon and Mia to Brookie's birthday party. Then they came home and everyone had dinner and then David took Emme and Mia to get ice cream while I stayed home alone with both of my kids for the first time. Luckily Eli stayed asleep while I gave Simon a bath. After his bath, he suddenly realized that the house was quiet and he said "where is mine Dada and where is Emme and Mia?" I told him they went to run an errand and luckily he didn't notice their ice cream when they got back because he was so happy to see them. It took forever for Simon to go to bed and he kept telling me that he burned his finger because he touched the pot that was very very very very very hot. He was actually still talking about that this morning. I don't think he remembers which finger it was though.
This morning, Savti, Zayde, TK and Mashie came back to pick up the girls and Simon stood by the window waving and yelling "bye" until he couldn't see their car anymore. And then it was back to Yaya's house for him. This is his last week there and tomorrow there is a goodbye party for him, Hiroki and Elana. Hopefully he will like his new school which starts right after Labor Day.
I know some people are going to yell at me for not saying as much about Eli on the blog as I do about Simon--I'll try, but he doesn't really do anything other than eat, poop, cry and sleep. His sleeping at night is getting a little bit better--last night I went to bed at 10 and David gave him a bottle and then he slept until 2:30 and then slept again until 5 something and then until almost 9.
No comments:
Post a Comment