This morning we went to Joshy's birthday party. Simon was excited about the party last night and he sang Happy Birthday to Joshy before he went to bed. He had fun playing in the basement at Joshy's house with Joshy and Isabella and some other kids, but then when it was time to come up for cake, he went into the dining room and I'm not exactly sure what happened because I was in the other room, but he was crying hysterically. I had to take him outside and he kept saying he wanted to go to Simon's house. It was very sad and he wouldn't tell me what happened. My suspicion is that he saw the plates that had McQueen on them and he got upset--for some reason he suddenly hates all the cars from the movie Cars and he always says he doesn't want to see them. He eventually calmed down and had some cake. Then there was an Elmo pinata that had the potential to freak out all the kids, but they were so excited about the candy and treats that none of them seemed to think it was weird to be hitting Elmo with a stick. I think Simon had the most fun after the other kids left and he and Joshy were playing kickball together. He didn't want to go home, but then suddenly came over to me and said "I need lunch." So we left. He didn't really eat much lunch but was so tired that he went straight for a nap without even reading stories or anything. sss333mmmmmwwwddsd (that was just Simon's contribution to the blog--he wanted to press "S for Simon, 3 M for Mommy, W for Mommy and D for Dada.") He woke up from his nap just as David was leaving to play frisbee. I was too tired to take him anywhere particularly to the park to watch frisbee, so we watched 2 episodes of Thomas and 1 of Teletubbies instead. Not the best way to spend a beauftiful afternoon, but he was a good sport about it. When David got home, they went to Rubin's to pick up dinner and we all ate yummy food. When Simon was done, he left the table and got on his little red bike which was in the kitchen. He rode over to me and said "bye Mommy. I going bye-bye now." I asked where he was going and he said "to a meeting." Then he started to go, but came right back to give me a kiss!
No comments:
Post a Comment